rebalance clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
after a set of nail enhancements i am more than happy and client is over the moon .... however i have been seeing a regular pattern with my clients (who have not complained....it me doing to much looking) when they come back for a rebalance their nails look awful and sometimes i am embarrased to say i have done them .... the side walls are growing over ..........the smile line has moved up dramaticaly through growth and the shape seems to have done its own thing :eek: is this supposed to happen and look as bad as this ? or am i just being picky ?

any response is very much appreciated xx:hug:

"The side walls are growing over".....................what with exactly?

"The smile line has moved up," ,,,well it will as you said as the nail grows, and "the shape seems to have done it's own thing",,,,do you mean the stress area has moved forward and looks bulbous? Would be a good idea to post a piccie if you could, this would show exactly what you mean.

Could be that you are being a bit picky, are you happy with them when you have re balanced them?

"The side walls are growing over".....................what with exactly?

"The smile line has moved up," ,,,well it will as you said as the nail grows, and "the shape seems to have done it's own thing",,,,do you mean the stress area has moved forward and looks bulbous? Would be a good idea to post a piccie if you could, this would show exactly what you mean.

Could be that you are being a bit picky, are you happy with them when you have re balanced them?

it looks as though my gel has managed to overgrow the side walls ..... they just look completly awful ..... smile line i know will move up - stress area because of nail growth .... once rebalanced they look great again but i keep thinking ..... had anyone seen these nails on the 13 th day my business would be dead xx

Sounds a bit peculiar!! Product moves away from the sidewalls as the nail grows, not over them.
Are you getting lifting? just wondering if you could be getting product on the living tissue.
Is the "overgrowth" not a build up of non living tissue? As I'm not too familar with gel, I'm sure one the gel techs could help you more than me.

Hope you get it sorted though.

Sounds a bit peculiar!! Product moves away from the sidewalls as the nail grows, not over them.
Are you getting lifting? just wondering if you could be getting product on the living tissue.
Is the "overgrowth" not a build up of non living tissue? As I'm not too familar with gel, I'm sure one the gel techs could help you more than me.

Hope you get it sorted though.

non living tissue???

product grows OVER side walls

no lifting in fact if the growth was not as quick the enhancements would probably go on lasting !!! clients think they are great but i know something aint quiet right purely because i have seen a proper proffessionals rebalance client :lol:

To say that product "grows" over the sidewalls, says one thing to me, you have applied the product too thick, so when the nail grows down, the bulk looks like it is growing over the sidewalls.

You need to perfect your application maybe, so that the product is completely flush with the sidewalls and this means your product will be very thin on the sidewalls and cuticle area, then, when the nail grows, all that should happen is the stress area, which will be slightly built up, will have moved towards the free edge, and the free edge will become noticable above your white, showing the natural nail.

I think i know what you mean as i always seemed to get this with clients myself. They left me with a great looking set of nails, but when they came back, they would look wrecked, uneven and really bulky and if this is the case, then it is all about application and making sure you look at the nails from ALL angles. I find this is so important when doing gel as they can look perfect from a normal angle, but look at them from the side or down the barrel will give you a different perspective.

I could be totally wrong, but it's all i can think of. HTH's.

To say that product "grows" over the sidewalls, says one thing to me, you have applied the product too thick, so when the nail grows down, the bulk looks like it is growing over the sidewalls.

You need to perfect your application maybe, so that the product is completely flush with the sidewalls and this means your product will be very thin on the sidewalls and cuticle area, then, when the nail grows, all that should happen is the stress area, which will be slightly built up, will have moved towards the free edge, and the free edge will become noticable above your white, showing the natural nail.

I think i know what you mean as i always seemed to get this with clients myself. They left me with a great looking set of nails, but when they came back, they would look wrecked, uneven and really bulky and if this is the case, then it is all about application and making sure you look at the nails from ALL angles. I find this is so important when doing gel as they can look perfect from a normal angle, but look at them from the side or down the barrel will give you a different perspective.

I could be totally wrong, but it's all i can think of. HTH's.

ok this makes perfect sense to me ...thankyou i will concentrate on trying to perfect my sidewalls as it does look quiet bulky when rebalance is due ... i did notice with my last client that i could have picked the gel away from her sidewalls if that makes sense :lol:
thankyou this has helped ...... this site is proving to be a very useful place to be thankyou xxxx

I assume from your profile you are using NSI gels? I have used these myself and have found them to be reasonably self leveling.

When you apply your gel, try mainly applying the gel to the middle of the nail with a very small amount on the sidewalls etc. The when your client puts their hand under the lamp, the gel will not run into the sidewalls, making it bulky.

I used to have this happen to me, i would apply the gel, which looked great, but when the client put their hand under the lamp, the heat would make the gel run slightly, just before it started to cure, creating the bulk and thickness where you don't want it? Hope this makes sense. Maybe try this, or similar.

I assume from your profile you are using NSI gels? I have used these myself and have found them to be reasonably self leveling.

When you apply your gel, try mainly applying the gel to the middle of the nail with a very small amount on the sidewalls etc. The when your client puts their hand under the lamp, the gel will not run into the sidewalls, making it bulky.

I used to have this happen to me, i would apply the gel, which looked great, but when the client put their hand under the lamp, the heat would make the gel run slightly, just before it started to cure, creating the bulk and thickness where you don't want it? Hope this makes sense. Maybe try this, or similar.

thankyou will practise this xxxx

Latest posts

Back