Rebalance - filing did not work!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino

Reaction score
Dear Geeks,

I wonder if any of you are able to help me. I am between days 4 and 5 of a Creative Foundation course, a total beginner, and I tried to do my first ever rebalance today on my neighbour who had tips and an acrylic overlay on her nails from a nail bar.

My problem was that whilst I filing I was hardly able to remove any of product, they were very thick and bulky – the only part I managed to thin nearly as much as I though they should be was at the free-edge where an air-brushed smile line had been painted.

I got together all my nail reference books and course notes – and had my victim and my husband read through them with me, to check I was not overlooking anything or holding the file totally wrong etc. – luckily they are very patient! We could not see that I was doing anything too incorrectly.

She did tell me that usually her nails are always filed with a drill, and it always burns and hurts, and she always has to go back after 1 week as they lift. The stuff on her nails seemed to be so hard, and had lifted a bit. I told her that I had not been trained to use a drill and did not think I would really need to use one.

In all after 3 hours I had managed to reduce the bulk a bit and apply the pinks and whites I really wanted practice – she was quite happy with them – or so she said – just being polite I think !– she wanted to pay - but I did not charge her and told her I thought they were still a bit thick. I was disappointed in myself as well as the result, I know I have tons to learn - but I did not find it so hard to file the liquid powder I had put on myself.

I was a bit surprised though, that when I started to prep using all my lovely Creative prep things – she kept saying – I have not had that done before etc. – I was pushing back the cuticle at this point – and when I got to the scrubfresh part she was amazed that I had done so much before applying the liquid and powder.

I am going to book a 1-2-1 as I must be doing something not right – but in the meantime have you any ideas or suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Sorry this is so long - I thought I better give as much information as I could.

Many thanks,

:hug:Try not to worry! The likelihood is, the problem lies with the product she was wearing, not your technique. It would possibly have been more helpful for you if you had been rebalancing your own work or at least rebalancing Creative enhancements. Try not to sweat it:hug:

It definitely sounds like MMA done by a NSS (total nightmare of a product to work over, none of us ever enjoy it) but we do enjoy educating the public about this dreadful poison.
Sounds like you are doing really well for the stage that you are at in your foundation course, chin up hun it does get easier :hug:

Thank you so much for the advice - have read the links - really helpful - thanks again...

ell it sounds to me like you are doing everything right!!

It's what she's had done before that's wrong !!

Trust your training (even though it is not complete yet and I thing you tried to bite off more than you could chew as you most likely haven't even covered rebalancing yet!!).

So far you have had the best training on offer so stick by it and by the routine you have learned and don't listen to what others tell you other than to be amazed that people can regularly go through this torture and put up with it!! :eek:

ell it sounds to me like you are doing everything right!!

It's what she's had done before that's wrong !!

Trust your training (even though it is not complete yet and I thing you tried to bite off more than you could chew as you most likely haven't even covered rebalancing yet!!).

So far you have had the best training on offer so stick by it and by the routine you have learned and don't listen to what others tell you other than to be amazed that people can regularly go through this torture and put up with it!! :eek:
great advice here rhino....and i agree,i dont think it was you it was the place your client went before....so chin up because your doing a good job hun xxxx

Latest posts

Back