REbalance / Infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
HI All

Would you do a rebalance / Infills on a client where you didnt do the original nail enhancments. I am thinking if you mix 2 diff products the end result would be rubbish am I right??? What would you suggest to a client who asked you to do it would you 1)soak off and start again 2) just do infills 3) just say no

Thx

If the enhancements are in good shape then most definitely rebalance them.

There might be a 'slight' colour difference between the different product brands, if that's the case a quick coat of Negligee or Beau will do the trick.

Opinion on this is very divided and often comes down to personal choice. For a few years I just refused to work on other people's work as I didn't know what could be lurking uderneath ... plus there could be a colour difference between the two products.

However Geeg made me see the light :idea::Look_left:!:. I was turning away good business and so now quite happily work over other peeps work if that is what the client really wants. But as Geeg says it often looks better if you can start afresh, but you don't always need to.

As the old product is fully cured then there would not be an incompatibility of products when applying your own over the top.

for me it depend entirely on the condition of the nails.. and what the client wanted..:)

Opinion on this is very divided and often comes down to personal choice. For a few years I just refused to work on other people's work as I didn't know what could be lurking uderneath ... plus there could be a colour difference between the two products.

However Geeg made me see the light :idea::Look_left:!:. I was turning away good business and so now quite happily work over other peeps work if that is what the client really wants. But as Geeg says it often looks better if you can start afresh, but you don't always need to.

As the old product is fully cured then there would not be an incompatibility of products when applying your own over the top.

I totally agree with everything Sassy has said here....why turn away business??

Besides, it could be the client is not happy with her current tech and looking for a change. Would you really want to turn away a potential regular??? I know I wouldn't!

No thats right, i was just wondering (but sassy has answered) if the new product would have affected the old in some way so i didnt know if the products would have been compatible.

As others have said, yes if the nails are in good condition. I have however had a few clients requesting a soak off and new set if they have come from somewhere else!
xx

Yes its just i was doing infills last night and it took me an age to get them down, also can i use the clippers to shorten the length, i filed and took ages wasnt sure if i used the clippers that the whole nail would ping off???

no def don't use clippers as this can cause cracks (sometimes not obvious) in the product (whether it be gel/l&p/fglass) and will cause service breakdown.
is there a poss. this could be MMA and that's why it was so hard to file down?? just a thought

Well possibly cos she did get them done in a chinese shop and as i was filing it down it was sparkly which i havent seen before, it was so hard to file god i was meant to be going to the gym last night but i tell you after that filing i didnt need to lol and i am not joking

And when i got in i had come out in a rash, wonder if that was what it was!!!

Well possibly cos she did get them done in a chinese shop and as i was filing it down it was sparkly which i havent seen before, it was so hard to file god i was meant to be going to the gym last night but i tell you after that filing i didnt need to lol and i am not joking

The sparkly bits was most likely the grit comming off your abrasive... mma nails are almost impossible to file... smell like fish and are just down right icky.

lol well i dont know if they smelt like fish as i cant smell:confused: but they were tough old beasts to file down, never again i think or i will be charging more!!

Do you know if they can be soaked off??

nope cant be soaked off.. they go all sticky like tree sap and within minutes the acetone evaporates and they go hard again... best way to get them off is gently with an E-file. *edit* never going all the way to the nail thou.. leave a thin layer to protect the squidgy nail underneath.

Latest posts

Back