Rebalance/New Set when do you decide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

Just put a full set on 2 models last week, and will do maintenance on them every 2 weeks. How do you decide when you completely soak off and start again, eg how many rebalances can you do?

Deb379

i was told by my tutors that there is no need to soak off and re-apply, if applied correctly, and re-balanced correctly then u wouldn't even no how long they have had them on. Plenty of people never have them re-moved.

Of course this was her opinion. although it makes sence, why should the product have to be soked off!

Although i do beleive it also depends on the clients nails, such as if they have claw shaped nails, when u first apply u wud cut off most of free edge, and correct shape using a form, so, because of the growth of that nail u would have to soak off, but for just a pretty normal nail (when i say pretty i don't mean as in beautiful, i mean as in quite normal, prob shud have just put quite!! Doh!:confused: ) i beleive u can just let the n.nail grow under the enhancement, and just keep on re-balancing. Unless client wants a natural overlay which is thinner such as gel or wraps, then ofcourse u wud have to soak!

Hope this helps hun, what does every1 else think about this, to soak or not to soak, that is the question!!!:lol:

I'm assuming this question relates to l&p? If so, I agree with LuckyBird21 - you should not need to soak them off and should be able to keep rebalancing them. With fibreglass they do need soaking off at intervals.

Yes sorry Carole, L&P with tip. I guess the only time you need to soak off is if the client was trying to grow her nails and she had achieved the length she wanted?Deb379

I find rebalancing is totally down to the client.... I will normally rebalance continually. But, if a client has been particularly rough with their nails, I will soak off and re apply.
I have some clients who cant stand their own nails growing out underneath, even with white powder covering the growth. So they prefer to have new nails at regular intervals.

Luckily most clients do take care of their nails. There is no hard and fast rule!!!

Sue

I think it depends on the client as products deteriate over time, clients with claw shaped nails end up getting allkinds of debris trapped otherwise. Customizing treatments enables us to tailor make a plan to suit their needs.

OK as I understand it

If a client has grown her nails she may want them soaked off
If she just wants them protected with acrylic you just keep rebalancing even after the tip has long been grown out so you just end up with an acrylic overlay? I guess you just keep filing down length?
Unless of course she wants them completely redone, or the acrylic is just crying out to be redone.
Deb379

Deb379 said:
OK as I understand it

If a client has grown her nails she may want them soaked off
If she just wants them protected with acrylic you just keep rebalancing even after the tip has long been grown out so you just end up with an acrylic overlay? I guess you just keep filing down length?
Unless of course she wants them completely redone, or the acrylic is just crying out to be redone.
Deb379
Hi Deb: yeah that's pretty much it. Once you are at overlay stage, you will still need to do exactly the same on a rebalance as the nail will still need prepping where you are gonna infill. Some people like having tips (like me!) so once the tips have grown off, you would need to soak off, take the nail back and start again! There shouldn't be a reason why the l&p would "cry out to be redone" though!

u can just keep rebalancing but some clients just like to have a new set every now n then i think they feel more specials when they have new set done lol

I have them rebalanced time after time after time and then at some point - usually when my nails have fully grown out, I have them soked off, my own nails cut down (my preference) and a new full set applied! But yes, you could just have your nails rebalanced time after time and better for your natural nails too! I agree with the above and think it depends on how those natural nails grow - mine are pretty problem free but ski jumpers, hooks and fans would need more work for sure!!!

I agree that nails can be rebalanced time after time, but it depends on how great the work is done by the tech. Because if the nails are always lifting, and you start to get fill lines, then it will look bad as the nail grows out. Especially if the client is coming to you from who knows where!
I had a lady come to me, and she had fill lines from the cuticle all the way the tip of the nail (gross), it was like the rings inside of a tree. And the acrylic was extremly stained a yellowish-orange (i assume because they didn't use base coat and this woman loved to wear dark reds). I immediately soaked her off and gave her a new set! She didn't even think their was anything wrong with them!!
Anyway, it also depends on the product as well. Some acrylics start to yellow, or look dull, (if they do, use something else!) and therefore I believe it's time that a new set should be applied, for a fresh, new look.

Ok thanks, all your comments have been very useful and helpful.

Cheers
Deb379

I have been taught to rebalance time after time, unless a client requests to have a new set. I have a client who loves to have a new set from time to time. My aunt who just has natural overlay with L&P, never has a soak off, always rebalance.

Latest posts

Back