Rebalance nightmares help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
I'm having a real problem with rebalances, It seems to take me ages to file them down and there not thick (now! lol) I'm scared of filing to hard and hitting the natural nail after that when I'm filing the rebalance sometimes I get a line coming thru the white all in all its taking me about 2 hrs & 1/2 to do them any advice? x

only remove what you have too...the whole thing doesn't need to be thinned out.

reduce length...thin zone 1...thin zone 2 .. blend zone 3.....then only apply new product where its needed.

i used to have real problems with rebalances...but once i got my head round not doing any more than is necessary i was ok.....i realised i was making more work for myself than it actually needed.

Sometimes i find that after doing everything i am only actually applying top gloss to some areas.....as the gel thats already there is fine and needs no work.

I understand its different with L&P

thanks guys x anyone know of a video tutorial for L & P rebalance, I watched a few for applying product and it really helped with my application x

thanks guys x anyone know of a video tutorial for L & P rebalance, I watched a few for applying product and it really helped with my application x

Rather than a video, I honestly think it is more helpful to sit down with a good tutorial or the book 'nailclass' and work through the process with a model or on yourself.

Looking is one thing and understanding why and how is another. Theory is important and you do not get that with a video alone. Both together work great.

I did a skillbuilding class, and now all is clear!! lol!! I was chasing the line and not holding my file correctly. Basically it was flat to the nail instead of angled and I was shaking lose the L&P that was fine on the nail, took me a long time to do a re-balance.
Also got Nailclass and before that read the tut's on here. Re-balancing is now a doddle! xx

I am jumping on this one too. Hope you don't mind. Been thinking about asking this today and noticed this thread. I am fine with rebalances to a point.
I have the client nail held in my hand. I can work really well on their left side of nail removing any problem areas in the left sidewall, but I am really having trouble angling my file and working on their right side of the nail. I am right handed. Can anyone offer any advise or techniques?
Hope you understand what I mean............

Sorry......meant my right as I am working on them,,,, not their right.

I turn the clients hand, hard to explain really but if they were to make a fist and put the fist on the table then the side of the hand would be touching the table, do you understand what I mean?
So I turn the hand, in turn the angle of the nail changes for me making it 100 times easier for me.

I hope Ive made sense for you chick xx

File up on the right side instead of down as you do on the left, pull back the side walls and away you go!

To the original poster...often times you have to remove the old white during rebalance and replace with new.

Always make sure that you are starting off in Zone one, and not all over the nail Start zone 1 then 2 then 3 I know its the basics but just try it again. You will get there I used to hate doing rb, but now enjy them as much as a new set.

I was a serial line chaser.. and would be deflated when i saw it coming through the finished product! but slowly AND surely i am learning to file away from the lift rather then on top.. ((GEEG your a Genius!)) Why was I never taught this?? Also.. when i think back Re-balancing wasnt That well covered in my training.. Its funny too that i always started at the worst part of the nail.. it was just natural.. now i am re-learning to go from zone 1 back.. its made a huge difference!

Me too ,
I used to wade right in there straight on the lifted part, and file away thinking it would go, only it got worse and I chased the line getting more and more flustered , until I read tutorials on here,
Well I actually printed them off and sat with them next to me while I practised, Omg I was so excited the first time I did it properly lol,
I always use a brand new file now too and that makes the world of difference, and thankfully I dont get lifting now so that helps lots

I just noticed you said a line through the white ,do you mean where the white meets the pink ?

Angel Geek can you tell me where you viewed the application video's. Id really like to see some on UV Gel / Fibreglass and Silk

Thanks

does anyone else apply brisa to enhancements at the end or am i out of date

does anyone else apply brisa to enhancements at the end or am i out of date
Do you mean the Finishing Gloss over L+P?
If so then I think it's a case of personal preference, definitely not out of date, it's one of the ways to get a shiny glass-like finish to your enhancements.

Me too ,
I used to wade right in there straight on the lifted part, and file away thinking it would go, only it got worse and I chased the line getting more and more flustered , until I read tutorials on here,
Well I actually printed them off and sat with them next to me while I practised, Omg I was so excited the first time I did it properly lol,
I always use a brand new file now too and that makes the world of difference, and thankfully I dont get lifting now so that helps lots

I just noticed you said a line through the white ,do you mean where the white meets the pink ?

no the line comes thru the white about in the middle looks like the old smile line, i suppose where the white and pink used to meet before rebalance lol

Rather than a video, I honestly think it is more helpful to sit down with a good tutorial or the book 'nailclass' and work through the process with a model or on yourself.

Looking is one thing and understanding why and how is another. Theory is important and you do not get that with a video alone. Both together work great.

I have read the tutorials and they have helped alot lol but I seem to need some visual too to get it lol x

no the line comes thru the white about in the middle looks like the old smile line, i suppose where the white and pink used to meet before rebalance lol
Sounds like you're not removing enough of the old product or possibly working too wet with your new white....I used to get this and it was because I wasn't removing enough of the old product so the old pink was shadowing through.

Does anyone know what brand is the brush that the lady uses in the video?

Latest posts

Back