Rebalance Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

When doing a rebalance do you do cuticle work then filing or filing then cuticle work and prep ?

I know two technicians who both do it differently and I just wondered which is the more correct and whether it actually mattered which order it's done in ?

Thanks

I allways file then do my cuticle work and prep after i have done all my filing i then have a clean start to do my cuitcle work and prep...if that makes sense.

I allways file then do my cuticle work and prep after i have done all my filing i then have a clean start to do my cuitcle work and prep...if that makes sense.

Ditto

Same as!

Well, I do cuticles before anything else. I want to get the cuticle off before I go round with the soft file, thereby taking the shine off the new bit of growth once it has been exposed.

me too

Ah, when you say you file, do you mean on the nail or shortening? :)

we mean thining the enhancement doing all the rebalance filing etc first

we mean thining the enhancement doing all the rebalance filing etc first

I see, thanks for clarifying. :hug:

I tend to leave my cuticle remover a few minutes while I shorten the length, then remove, then thinning, prepping etc.

I am the odd one out!! :lol:

I tend to leave my cuticle remover a few minutes while I shorten the length, then remove, then thinning, prepping etc.

Me to, so we're odd balls together:lol:

Well, I do cuticles before anything else. I want to get the cuticle off before I go round with the soft file, thereby taking the shine off the new bit of growth once it has been exposed.

I do the same ........

Nope.. I do it this way too I find it more effective and that way im not filing on the cuticle if it is overgrown.

See your not the odd one theres more :)

Sorry haven't read all of the thread.

I do filing prep first followed by cuticle work....when using CND prep, I do the filing on one finger etc then apply cuticle remover so it has time to work whilst I file prep the rest of the fingers...file prep, cuticle remover, one finger at a time.....if EZFlow prep, I file prep each nail and then remove cuticle...move on to the next nail.

I do it this way so that I can be sure there is no lifting etc where prep products can get into the enhancement and hide.....which could cause problems with the service in the future.

I do it this way so that I can be sure there is no lifting etc where prep products can get into the enhancement and hide.....which could cause problems with the service in the future.

I would do it that way round if I could see lifting tbh; luckily most of my clients don't have a problem with lifting. You're right about the possible probs.

I would do it that way round if I could see lifting tbh; luckily most of my clients don't have a problem with lifting. You're right about the possible probs.
So you don't even buff the old cuticle area/fill line?

Ah Cathie, I remember reading you hadn't read all the thread! This is what I do hun, yes of course I buff it, but it's only minimal

There you go then, sorry I can't be here 24/7! Glad to hear you have perfect clients, wish I did all of the time!

Thanks for all the replies. It's good to know that everyone does it slightly differently and have also picked up some tips so thank you :)

Latest posts

Back