Rebalance so downhearted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Just done yet another rebalance and am feeling really low. Have trouble with filing/blending etc but when it comes to re applying the acrylic i seem to go to pieces and mess the whole thing up. My rebalance today took exactly 2hrs 15mins and i was far from happy withy end result. Am ringing creative on monday to book real rebalancing course, if i dont do this i kow i will give up,

I need cheering up

Hiya,

Do you have alot of lifting? is that why you have trouble filing and blending?
Amanda

On some of the nails yes some r still quite smooth, i have put this down to either not sealing properly or acrylic is thicker on some more than other is this right?

You need to angle your brush when doing zone 3 and use smaller beads.
Go over your prep procedure too in case that has anything to do with the lifting you get.
Don`t get disheartened, you will get there and you`ll just love doing the extra class, and if you need a model!!!!!!!

Ive been doing nails for two years and defo think the hardest thing to master was and still is the rebalance. However if it was so easy I guess everyone would be doing nails and we would probably get board ov the job cause it aint challenging enough! One of my problems is that I sometimes do the nails a little too thick in the first place and it therefore takes along time to file down original nail. Don't give up cause when you do a good rebalance you will get a real buzz and thats worth waiting for;)

ALEX said:
Ive been doing nails for two years and defo think the hardest thing to master was and still is the rebalance. However if it was so easy I guess everyone would be doing nails and we would probably get board ov the job cause it aint challenging enough! One of my problems is that I sometimes do the nails a little too thick in the first place and it therefore takes along time to file down original nail. Don't give up cause when you do a good rebalance you will get a real buzz and thats worth waiting for;)
OMG Alex am i not the only one with this problem cos it feels like it. I think u hit the nail on the head lol i too think the acrylic is too thick 1st tome round which is why its taking so long to file and buff cant wait 4 the buzz lol
Thynx Alex u have cheered me up

Hiya,
Keep practising and you will get it.....remember keep zone three thin and angle brush and allways make sure you prep correctly.........don't get disheartened you'll get there.....never give up.......:)
Amanda

Hi,

I have probs with rebalancing as well. Usually you can see the old product through the new one, it's as if that part of the nail is cloudy. Although you can't see a definite fill line, it just doesn't look neat. What might be the reason for this? Could it have to do with the client having waited 6 weeks between fills even though there was no lifting and the acrylic was sealed with gel gloss?

Winky said:
Hi,

I have probs with rebalancing as well. Usually you can see the old product through the new one, it's as if that part of the nail is cloudy. Although you can't see a definite fill line, it just doesn't look neat. What might be the reason for this? Could it have to do with the client having waited 6 weeks between fills even though there was no lifting and the acrylic was sealed with gel gloss?
Hiya,
What colour pink are you using if it is a strong colour and it will be highly pigmented so when you apply another bead and your ratio is slightly different there will be an inconsitency with the colour..........do you get pocket lifting cos this sometimes makes the product look cloudy too....another thought....why did the client leave it 6 weeks? that's rather a long time inbetween rebalances.....the upper arch will be in the wrong place and putting to much pressure on the natural nail......hope this helps:cool:
Amanda aka Lily

Don't give up Jackie, keep going hun you can do it..! :D

I think you're right Lily, it must be a combination of color difference and some pocket lifting.I think i'll switch to a color that'snot such a bright pink. I'm working in portugal and for some reason people here expect their nails to go for at least 4 weeks between fills. It must be a combination of poorly educated techs passing on bad info to the clients and the fact that people here earn so little but the prices of enhancements are astronomical. Therefore they try to go as long as possible without coming in for a fill. I just modified my price list makikng it cheaper if they come in at 2 weeks, so hopefully this will help.

Thnx for your support guys willkeep going am to determind to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back