Rebalance to overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barty

Reaction score
Please can someone advise me. When the client has natural nail overlays do I need to soak off the acrylic after a few rebalances? One of my clients started with tip and overlays but has eventually grown out the tips and wants to continue with overlays only but after several rebalances they have developed a slightly 'bulbous' look. Do I need to soak these off and start again at regular intervals? I am Creative trained but don't recall covering this on my course.

All advice much appreciated. Thanks
Barty.

Hiya

I dont see any reason why you would have to soak them off just thin them right down and then rebalance. Just treat them as any other rebalance, but make sure you wrap the free edge or you will get seperation.

hi tracy, unfortunately this is where my training lacks, i did a gel nail extension course but never felt i was taught correctly and quite frankly felt ripped off by them, i hear the mention of forms regularly and yet i havent got a clue how they work, i too gel my nails without using tips they do look a bit bulky as i find it quite hard to do my own, but i get seperation so guessing this is because i dont use forms, can you tell me how this works? thank you x x x

Kellyc said:
hi tracy, unfortunately this is where my training lacks, i did a gel nail extension course but never felt i was taught correctly and quite frankly felt ripped off by them, i hear the mention of forms regularly and yet i havent got a clue how they work, i too gel my nails without using tips they do look a bit bulky as i find it quite hard to do my own, but i get seperation so guessing this is because i dont use forms, can you tell me how this works? thank you x x x

Hi

Right start at the free edge and shape. Then zone 1 thin down, zone 2 thin down, zone 3 thin and remove any lifting. Prep as usual

Get one of the rectangular forms and fit it to the nail make sure you have a tight fit under the nail but be sure NOT to push into the hypernichium as it is very easy to puncture it and cause separation.

Ok ready to begin: apply white/your chosen colour gel to zone 1 and extend over the free edge so you are in effect slightly lengthening the nails cure and then proceed to rebalance as normal.

If i could suggest you go to www.designernails.co.uk and look under the nvq section gigi has done a full section and you can print it off or down load it and its pretty much most of what you will need to know.
Hope it helps if you need anymore info pm me no prob.

Thanks tracey, im going to have a good read tomorrow x x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back