Rebalanced some glitter tips - what hard work!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
I've just done a rebalance today. I had to remove some gunmetal grey glitter tips which I did by filing right back and removing all traces of the glitter. Then I had to file down the acrylic on the nail bed. The new tips I put on had some cracked ice in totally clear acrylic. This in itself was a challenge because it was hard to put on while trying at the same time to get some resemblance of a smile line.

What I am finding hard at the moment is it seems like lots of filing before the new product and then lots of filing after.

It seems like I can't file it down thin enough before I put the new product on therefore it causes me to do more filing down after because I feel like it is too thick looking (on the apex).

Will I ever get over this? I don't want to have to think about using a drill (I can hear you all shouting about me not being qualified to use on, but I mean in the future). I want to be able to do it with a file but with not as much effort put in. I use a new 180 file every time (NSI endurance) but in no time it is feeling dull.

Will it come with practice? It took me about 3 1/2 hours today on one sisters nails with another sister there with 3 children (14, 9 and 2years).
I've got to be able to make some excuses :grr: Poppits here I come.

Why don't you try using a 100 grit file and switch to a 180 as you get closer to the nat nail/tip hun? X

Yep try using a 100 grit first to remove the bulk then switch to a higher grit as you get closer to the natural nail.

Sounds like you had your hands full! Cracked ice is not the easiest thing to master with L&P - it is easier, I find, with gel as you can move it around until it sits where you want it - then cure. Also doing a set of nails with kids around is hard work :rolleyes:as they can be a real distraction! Were you pleased with the final result though? Love to see a piccy??

Julie

Latest posts

Back