Rebalancing and infill - the difference??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had a search for this thread and can't seem to find it - all I want to know is what's the difference (if any) between a rebalance and infill. Sorry to be thick! :confused:

love
Jane xx

Well there is a difference and also an attitude of mind.

If all you do is fill in a space of re-growth and nothing more, then that is an infill and eventually the nail will grow out of balance and break really easily as you will have lost the 'extra' product over the stress area.

When you rebalance, you take in the whole of the enhancement and ensure that the balance is maintained at all times over zone 2.

Depending on the rate of growth, sometimes you do one thing at one appointment and sometimes another and sometimes a bit of both which would depend on each individual nail. Me?? I maintain by thinking to rebalance each and every time.

Thanks for that Gigi...i've just read your tutorial on file control when rebalancing and glad I did....just about to do infills on a friend who I'm practising on and will try to do a rebalance instead! She has one nail where the product is lifting (surprise, surprise!) and I will try your advise of filing just below, on product that is still attached to the nail plate.

Thanks again
Jane x

geeg said:
Well there is a difference and also an attitude of mind.

If all you do is fill in a space of re-growth and nothing more, then that is an infill and eventually the nail will grow out of balance and break really easily as you will have lost the 'extra' product over the stress area.

When you rebalance, you take in the whole of the enhancement and ensure that the balance is maintained at all times over zone 2.

Depending on the rate of growth, sometimes you do one thing at one appointment and sometimes another and sometimes a bit of both which would depend on each individual nail. Me?? I maintain by thinking to rebalance each and every time.

thankyou, i have been wondering this too! you really are such a gem! it's great to be able to get your opinions on all of these things :D

Latest posts

Back