Rebalancing Coloured Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SthrnComfort

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am wondering when you have a person come in for a rebalance of their coloured tips (not the premade coloured tips, but sculpted L&P, or gel, tips)
and they wish for a new colour, what is your process? Do you just put the new colour on top and then you can see the old colour underneath? Or do you remove all product and start again?
I have a friend who likes to get a different colour every fortnight and she doesn't mind the colour underneath. (probably because I don't charger her lol) But I'm wondering who other techs deal with this?
Any ideas/tips appreciated.
Thanks

Rebalance! You would thin out that zone anyway, just thin it out enough to re-apply a new color. :)

yes but you can still see the old colour underneath.....i cant file it all away or else im starting again?..

with P/L> I take everything off and make a new set
Gel> depend to the color underneath. If she changes from a light to a dark color I file the old Design down as far as I need to , to replace the apex in the new position. But if is no matter of shape I don't take all the color of and just apply the new one. If she changes from a dark color to a light one I file the whole dark color down. But I work my color Gels for tips between the 2nd and the 3rd layer. So is not that much of work to do

i should add that the reason why you can see the old colour is that the tips are new...so the naturual nail is not as long as the L&P yet (and ive sculpted them) so obviously cannot file the free edge down to nothing...

I file off the entire free edge..fit forms and then sculpt the new colour

i fill off all the old colour and then re apply new colour ....you cant soak off nail every 2 weeks....you do have to be carefull when filing all free edge as you can file natural nail then the file can heat up and it becomes sore for client...so as soon as you dont see free edge stop filing!!!!!hth xxxx

I tend to sculpt a thin layer of clear first if i have a client who will want to change colour frequently, but has some free edge. This way, when i file most of it off, you will hit the clear layer before the natural nail, then there's no danger of filing into the natural nail or leaving a dark colour on when a lighter one is needed.

Just what i do when you have these awkward clients. Have to say though, i charge an extra £5 for doing a colour change as its a lot of extra work for you. My clients pay it no problem.

I file off the entire free edge..fit forms and then sculpt the new colour

This is what I do too, or if using tips lay a thin layer of clear or pink then when I file down the color I only go to where I hit the clear and redu

I tend to sculpt a thin layer of clear first if i have a client who will want to change colour frequently, but has some free edge. This way, when i file most of it off, you will hit the clear layer before the natural nail, then there's no danger of filing into the natural nail or leaving a dark colour on when a lighter one is needed.

Just what i do when you have these awkward clients. Have to say though, i charge an extra £5 for doing a colour change as its a lot of extra work for you. My clients pay it no problem.
what a fab idea hun....fab!!!!xxxx

This is a great idea, i think i'll try this one. My clients also pay extra for the colour.

Also for the idea about just filing the free edge down, i'll give this a go also and see how i go with both.

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back