Rebalancing Nightmares

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nat

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just done my 2nd re-balance since my foundation (pink and white) and I just can't get the hang of removing lifted areas. I know I must be filing in the wrong place, and I feel so cross with myself for not "getting" this, but I just don't seem to be able to get it right. It took forever and I hurt my model. :cry:

Also, I could see lines in the finished enhancement where the areas of lifting had been.

Can anyone help me ? I feel so frustrated with myself. They started off looking really nice when I first put them on and now I've ruined them. :sad:

Chasing the line babe, this can lead to over filing of the natural nail.....
So do this.....check the nail, see where there is any lifting........
then start from the non lifted area, file towards the lifting..........
Not from the lifting to the non lifting area................
This way you meet the lifting and it will flake of by it's self...........and you don't overfile the natural nail.....give this a go............
I use this method for all systems!!!!!!!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Chasing the line babe, this can lead to over filing of the natural nail.....
So do this.....check the nail, see where there is any lifting........
then start from the non lifted area, file towards the lifting..........
Not from the lifting to the non lifting area................
This way you meet the lifting and it will flake of by it's self...........and you don't overfile the natural nail.....give this a go............
I use this method for all systems!!!!!!!!
Thank you !!! I'll give it a go on my own nails first and see how I get on.

There is also a product called Line Out by NSI which is absoluty brilliant for those little bits that just won't blend. You paint it on before your product & it seals the lifted area back down with no lines!! I think it is about £6.

Good Luck!!

Line Out is nothing more than a thin adhesive and it tends to form yellow bands in the enhancement as it ages. Not only that, but it will seal in bacteria that are lingering under the lifted area and this can turn into a bacterial infection. You could use any thin adhesive and achieve the same result BUT I do not believe in 'cover ups' being better than learning the correct techniques to solve the problem.

There are no 'quick fixes' that are better than learning to do it right in the first place.

Talented technicians learn how to use their product so that it doesn't lift in the first place. If a client gets the odd little but of lifting after 2-3 weeks, it is much better and more professional to learn how to remove it rather than to try to cover it up and never learn how to do the job right.

Learn your craft and try not to be tempted by products that promise to solve your problems (whilst creating others) when learning the correct techniques will do that for you.

geeg said:
Line Out is nothing more than a thin adhesive and it tends to form yellow bands in the enhancement as it ages. Not only that, but it will seal in bacteria that are lingering under the lifted area and this can turn into a bacterial infection. You could use any thin adhesive and achieve the same result BUT I do not believe in 'cover ups' being better than learning the correct techniques to solve the problem.

There are no 'quick fixes' that are better than learning to do it right in the first place.

Talented technicians learn how to use their product so that it doesn't lift in the first place. If a client gets the odd little but of lifting after 2-3 weeks, it is much better and more professional to learn how to remove it rather than to try to cover it up and never learn how to do the job right.

Learn your craft and try not to be tempted by products that promise to solve your problems (whilst creating others) when learning the correct techniques will do that for you.
Oh how true Gigi,
All you are doing is masking a problem, rather then fixing it...........
A good Technician will know how to meet the line, rather then chasing it.
Good file work on rebalancing a nail, is a technique that has to be learned, just as much as blending a tip has to be..........
And I know a lot of Techs who will use Tip blender liquid for that too.......
But use the right technique and meeting the line will be as easy as meeting a friend for lunch!!!!

can some1 please help am not to sure on how u do a re balance? can any 1 help me on the steps?

If you log on to www.designernails .com

go to the NVQ section

I think rebalancing is under element 3

It will give you the whole thing from 'soup to nuts'

everything is on there!!

thanks a lot gigi. :) i am doin my 1st re balance nxt week an i was not sure. cheers
geeg said:
If you log on to www.designernails .com

go to the NVQ section

I think rebalancing is under element 3

It will give you the whole thing from 'soup to nuts'

everything is on there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back