Rebecca Adlington's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as I seem to have started this minx gate, I personally think Sophy is stupid to tweet they were hand painted by one of her team, when even the very very best nail artists (curvy girl :D) has said it takes forever to do one nail, perfectly let alone 10!! Sophy has lied & discredited herself!

Pixie how do I close a thread now. I am on my iPhone at the mo?? Thx ;)

It is easy to lie to the public, but you can't fool nail technicians who work with these products every day of the week!! They are Minx and someone looks pretty silly now.

It is easy to lie to the public, but you can't fool nail technicians who work with these products every day of the week!! They are Minx and someone looks pretty silly now.
That's why I can't understand why she said what she did?

She KNEW we'd be able to tell in an instant, yet still chose to try and deceive. It just makes her look silly and, if I'd been a client of hers, I'm gonna be honest and say I'd have to think twice about returning1

Nowt queer as folk!

They are SO Minx :rolleyes:

Silly girl is going to make herself look like a right twonk with all this :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Twonk! Love it Planky! 😝

A bit off topic but on Sophy's salon website I came across this weird pic. What's going on with these feet? Is it me or does this look odd?

http://www.sophyrobson.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Picture-5.png

There is no need to be going on to someone's website and put it on here. What does it matter what is wrong with the pic. It's not your work.

Ladies, put your claws away. She has lied, she has probably put a big dent in her rep, but no need to critique someone's work you dont know and isn't here to back herself up.

I thought you wasn't allowed to post someone's else's work up?

The gap between the toes is a flip flop stump. Is that what you meant?

I don't do minx but I could tell they wasn't just a damned good paint job ;)

Where are the mods can we have this thread closed now? I don't know m4m how to close I'm afraid :(

On her facebook page is listed as the premier nail artist in the UK.

Has she won some competitions or is that self-titled?

I have looked at a few of her pictures on facebook and I think most of her designs look great but I have seen nail art on this site as good if not better!
(I think curvy girl's hand painted union jack beats the lily allen design!)

I do think her houndstooth nails are amazeballs though. Would love to know how she made them!

-----

Well as I seem to have started this minx gate, I personally think Sophy is stupid to tweet they were hand painted by one of her team, when even the very very best nail artists (curvy girl :D) has said it takes forever to do one nail, perfectly let alone 10!! Sophy has lied & discredited herself!

Before you close this thread can i please say Thankyou to syncage and mini4mum for your kind words? - bless you xx

Thanks for your replies, I never intended to start this thread for it to turn into a bashing, more just to clarify.

@Sophynails (twitter) this morning has tweeted
"I didn't wanna speak on this but it has to be said.... NO ONE on my team has been using nail wraps it has al be returned to them UNUSED"
"Just cause your Hu$tle is dead don't try and jump on mine...."

So according to her they are handpainted.....:eek:
sophy is clearly an artist loaded with pride to admit that those nails are not painted thats a wrap folks:lol:

On a positive note, the olympic nail art girls have just been shown on BBC breakfast news as lots of competitors having them done.

Thanks ladies for giving me a chuckle on the train 😁 xx

Whilst I agree she is silly for lying about this, I don't agree with the witch hunt type bashing of someone and their work. It's irrelevant. She's the one that has to deal with the backlash to her reputation this will cause her and doesn't concern any of us.

To the OP, to close this thread yourself, go to thread tools and the option will be there for you to do it. If you use your mobile, log on through your internet or safari to do this.

Link to BBC Report discussuign Olympic Nail Art. Only talks about painting nails and rebecca adlington's minx are shown but all the other athlete's nails do look hand painted to me.

BBC News - Trendy talons to nail Olympic gold

Link to BBC Report discussuign Olympic Nail Art. Only talks about painting nails and rebecca adlington's minx are shown but all the other athlete's nails do look hand painted to me.

BBC News - Trendy talons to nail Olympic gold

The last picture on that Video shows Renee of Australias toes one of the rowers whose toes we have done, she has australian minx flags and rockstar shellac on her toes.. Australian rower Renee Chatterton sports her painted nails as she waits for the athlete's shuttle bus at the rowing venue in Eton Dorney at the London 2012 Olympic Games | View photo - Yahoo! News Malaysia

A lot of the public probably won't even read about how the nails were created, but they do look incredible and have got a lot of publicity so i'm sure there will be plenty of people coming in to ask for nails like hers, taking your opinion as to how to do them.

On a side note, i think everyone can see that they are wraps as they are so immaculate, very shiny particularly the foil look on the red and have an absolutely perfect rounded line at the cuticle which is incredibly difficult to achieve freehand if you are doing this kind of nail art.

I think the nails look beautiful and are really attention grabbing, great for our industry :) xx

they are minx. If you were hand painting a UJ, u would place the centre of the cross centrally on the nail, but, if u notice on any of Becky's nails that have any length the cross is low on the nail EXACTLY like the Minx wrap

Ditto, thats my logic to thinking they're minx

Latest posts

Back