Reblance Nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMo

Reaction score
I'm feeling absolutely useless today, did a rebalance last night and just couldn't get rid of the line on 2 nails, others were fine, I can't think what i'm doing wrong and to make it worse i've got another set to do tonight and i just ain't looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any tips, or tell me what i'm doing wrong and as for the Millenium line blender - well it just doesn't work!!

JMo.x

Search for the thread entitled 'chasing the line' and all your questions will be answered.

JMo said:
I'm feeling absolutely useless today, did a rebalance last night and just couldn't get rid of the line on 2 nails, others were fine, I can't think what i'm doing wrong and to make it worse i've got another set to do tonight and i just ain't looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any tips, or tell me what i'm doing wrong and as for the Millenium line blender - well it just doesn't work!!

JMo.x
Hi JMo had the same problems myself a couple of weeks back, i now how u feel cos it still takes me 2 hours plus to do rebalance, and sometime still cant get rid of all the lines, but i have learned a lot from thi site and they r getting better, not qiucker though

JMo said:

JMo.x
Hiya,
File behind the line and not on top of it.....if you get my drift.......this will stop you chasing the line....it gets easier....dont worry you will be fine
Amanda

I so know how you feel. I too have a problem with lines but not on all nails which i think can be more frustrating. Keep persevering though and you will work it out. I actually can take the same time doing a rebalance than doing a full set of nails, but my clients love how they look at the end so never have a problem.

As wa said before make sure you don't file on the lifted edge or it will keep lifting all the way, you have to file just before it then the lifted part will flake away. HTH's:D

talented talons said:
I so know how you feel. I too have a problem with lines but not on all nails which i think can be more frustrating. Keep persevering though and you will work it out. I actually can take the same time doing a rebalance than doing a full set of nails, but my clients love how they look at the end so never have a problem.

As wa said before make sure you don't file on the lifted edge or it will keep lifting all the way, you have to file just before it then the lifted part will flake away. HTH's:D
Hi
Yes remember file behind the line and not on top!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda

talented talons said:

i'm so glad you said that coz i thought it was just me taking that long to do a rebalance :rolleyes: . in the last couple of weeks tho i've improved tremendously with this line thing. what Lily says about filing behind the line is so so true and it really makes a difference - takes some getting used to the idea tho :lol: .

Dont get disheartened.
Best wishes.

Well the rebalance set i did on Friday turned out fine, but i had no idea why. Anyway got another rebalance to do in about 2 hours time, so WILL remember to file behind the line and see if that was where i was going wrong - fingers crossed!.

JMo.x
p.s. feel better knowing that i'm not the only person who takes at least 2 hours to do a rebalance though.

Try fileing the whole surface of the extension, untill the whole of the white has gone a greyish colour (in other words it is so thin that you can see through it) and the pink is about one third thinner
Place your white and redo the smile and tip, then using one ball of pink, place in middle of nail, press up to cuticle area, makeing sure it is thin, and brush down to meet the smile line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back