Recent cosmetology school graduate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourKiwi97

Reaction score
I just graduated cosmetology a month ago. I had a different cosmetology school experience because of covid and I’ve felt like I barely know anything, especially on how to cut hair. We were out of school for months, barely had anyone to cut hair on.
I was lucky enough to already have an opportunity to be working in a salon before I even graduated. Now I’m working on clients cutting hair and I truly don’t know what I’m doing. I feel extremely discouraged because I know the haircuts don’t look good and are nowhere near where the should be cut. I’m not happy and I don’t think this career path is for me.

I just graduated cosmetology a month ago. I had a different cosmetology school experience because of covid and I’ve felt like I barely know anything, especially on how to cut hair. We were out of school for months, barely had anyone to cut hair on.
I was lucky enough to already have an opportunity to be working in a salon before I even graduated. Now I’m working on clients cutting hair and I truly don’t know what I’m doing. I feel extremely discouraged because I know the haircuts don’t look good and are nowhere near where the should be cut. I’m not happy and I don’t think this career path is for me.

Hi SourKiwi97, I can only imagine how you feel. I would check to see if there are any continuing education courses in your area. With COVID still rampant, there may not be any courses offered now but it's something you can look into.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back