recently qualified, how much to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie33

Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Can anyone please help, am recently qualified and am starting out as a mobile technician, but the one thing we didn't seem to cover at College was how much to charge for basics like manicure/pedicure upto full set of extensions(using Creative system). I don't want to rip people off as newly qualified but don't want to be earning nothing either. Can someone pleaseeeee help me.....

Thanks.x:lol:

:rolleyes:
Can anyone please help, am recently qualified and am starting out as a mobile technician, but the one thing we didn't seem to cover at College was how much to charge for basics like manicure/pedicure upto full set of extensions(using Creative system). I don't want to rip people off as newly qualified but don't want to be earning nothing either. Can someone pleaseeeee help me.....

Thanks.x:lol:

hello, i'm angelfingers, and im very nice !:green:

you should be able to find some more help in the search facility, but i would say... find out what the going rate is in your area as it does vary a lot regionally and reduce that by about a third to start with. h.t.h:green:

Sounds terrible but you need to look in your local paper and find a few mobile techs in your area then you ring up and find out prices for what you will be doing.

I would say that whilst you should remain competitive you should also charge your worth and not what others have decided is fine for them. Maybe you could visit your local Business Link and they can advise you on how to run a business. It really depends how much you want to earn an hour. You therefore have to calculate how much each service costs to do (your supplier should be able to help you with this). Then you have to add all your other overheads - running costs of car, advertising, tax and NI, uniform, training, and so on. Then and only then can you add on how much you would like to earn per hour and this will be your net profit.

What I would do is set yourself up with a price list that you intend to use when you are more confident and maybe give a reduction of 25% for a limited period only. Then people will know what you want to charge and won;t be put out when you drop the reduction. Better that than realise you are charging too cheap and suddenly have to whack all your prices up by 25% or more.

Welcome to the site. Sass has given you some great advice so good luck with your new career x

Latest posts

Back