Reception Desk.....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo1980

Reaction score
Hello guys, hope youre all having a good week :D

Ive been looking for a decent reception desk for, I swear, YEARS! Im fairly picky, and I really want one thats about 1.2m high, but they seem so hard to find!
Anyone got any suggestions of where I could look???
Thanks xxx

Hello guys, hope youre all having a good week :D

Ive been looking for a decent reception desk for, I swear, YEARS! Im fairly picky, and I really want one thats about 1.2m high, but they seem so hard to find!
Anyone got any suggestions of where I could look???
Thanks xxx

Have you checked eBay for one? X

why dont you get someone to draw it up the way you want it and get it made, prob alot cheaper and a one off

why dont you get someone to draw it up the way you want it and get it made, prob alot cheaper and a one off

The quote ive been getting for bespoke have all been around £3000....... GULP!
xxx

Almost daily! I get outbid at the last minute all the time! xx

Ah really! it's frustrating I know!.. I was in the same boat up until last week and eventually found one I loved on gumtree for a bargain price of £100!! I then saw the exact one on eBay which finished tonight for £175 so that makes me feel good!!

Have you tried gumtree? ..I know it's full of strange things and weird people but may be worth a shot?

Here's mine .. :) my salon is gradually coming together now :) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328731331.276163.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328731331.276163.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 392
Ah really! it's frustrating I know!.. I was in the same boat up until last week and eventually found one I loved on gumtree for a bargain price of £100!! I then saw the exact one on eBay which finished tonight for £175 so that makes me feel good!!

Have you tried gumtree? ..I know it's full of strange things and weird people but may be worth a shot?

Here's mine .. :) my salon is gradually coming together now :) xx

It's lovely but I can already see the brat's fingerprints on it :)

I got mine off eBay £500 brand new they make them to order. XxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328732114.015300.jpg

Haha that will keep your junior busy with the polish! Very pretty though :)
I just looked on gumtree but nada :cry:
I want something fairly big. I saw one on ebay last week and it was perfect, then got outbid by £10!!! ARGH!!
Ah, on with the eternal search :irked:
xx

seriously 3 grand.. must be made of gold,

seriously 3 grand.. must be made of gold,
I know, ridiculous! \that quote was from Aston and Fincher, so maybe I just asked the wrong people...?
xx

Haha that will keep your junior busy with the polish! Very pretty though :)
I just looked on gumtree but nada :cry:
I want something fairly big. I saw one on ebay last week and it was perfect, then got outbid by £10!!! ARGH!!
Ah, on with the eternal search :irked:
xx

Ha.. God so true!
Oohh nightmare.. Do you put in your maximum bid you would be prepared to pay? Rather than inputting a higher bid each time you are outbid? That way eBay can bid on your behalf and anyone who bids last minute will be automatically out bid by you!! And that still doesn't mean that you will pay the price you enter as your maximum limit.. Xxx

Ha.. God so true!
Oohh nightmare.. Do you put in your maximum bid you would be prepared to pay? Rather than inputting a higher bid each time you are outbid? That way eBay can bid on your behalf and anyone who bids last minute will be automatically out bid by you!! And that still doesn't mean that you will pay the price you enter as your maximum limit.. Xxx

i dont do this anymore as i was getting caught out,
i dont declare my bid at all until the last 4 secs now, so i watch it and when the timer is counting down(remember and reload your page) i submit my highest bid that im prepared to pay. (set it all up so all you need to do is confirm bid) i always win now and never pay as much as my highest bid, as ppl dont know your interested and the bids dont go up every 2mins

sorry so crap at explaining

I did, but would have gone an extra tenner if pushed.. gutted.
xx

I know, ridiculous! \that quote was from Aston and Fincher, so maybe I just asked the wrong people...?
xx

if you want it wood i would contact a joiner or maybe try colleges,

Are there any good carpenters in your area? A carpenter might be able to make exactly what you want and it might not be as expensive as you think?

oooh good idea! thanks guys :) xx

i dont do this anymore as i was getting caught out,
i dont declare my bid at all until the last 4 secs now, so i watch it and when the timer is counting down(remember and reload your page) i submit my highest bid that im prepared to pay. (set it all up so all you need to do is confirm bid) i always win now and never pay as much as my highest bid, as ppl dont know your interested and the bids dont go up every 2mins

sorry so crap at explaining

I know exactly what you mean as I too do this! I input my maximum bid just as it's about to end.. Not as close as 4 secs though ad I have had times where I haven't been quick enough and missed out all together!! X

Hi JoJo, my husband is a furniture designer/maker based near Newent, Gloucestershire. He's been in business for 20 years and is great at working out what you need etc. PM me if you are interested i'll give you his workshop number. x

Latest posts

Back