Recipes for facial Masques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2512

Reaction score
hi - happy new year to you all,

just wondered if anyone could help me or point me in the right direction, im currently in my 2nd year of NVQ 2 Beauty therapy and have recently aquired a whole range of facial equipment, bascially i know i cant practise any treatments until i have completed my NVQ but just wondered if anyone knows any good sites where i can get some recipes for masques that i can start just testing out, i have a load of kaolin, camomile, fullers earth, rose water glycerine etc but i am finding it really really hard to find any good educational websites to grt any info on mixing my own products, any help is gratefully appreciated

many thanks in advance

Vicky x x x

Basically from what I can remember in my training:

Rosewater is for more mature or sensitive skin, toning
Orangewater is for oily/congested skin, toning
Witch hazel very oily skin or to dab on spots, toning
Glycerine and Almond oil are humectants so they keep moisture in the skin.

Then mix with:
Calamine-Soothing therefore good for senstive skin, takes down any redness.
Magnesium carbonate-refining, softening and gently stimulating.
Kaolin-Drys up oils good for oily t-zones or generally oily skins (deep cleansing)
Fullers Earth-for very oiy skins, can give a bleaching effect, improves circulation. (I found this to cause erythema very quickly on the face so personally would only use this on someones back if it is very congested.)

Just mix until you have a smooth paste. You would want a calamine mask to be quite sloppy so that it does not dry and tighten on a sensitive skin e.g use calamine and magensium with glycerine to cleanse and soften (just calamine on a very sensitive skin), whereas you would want a oily skin mask to dry e.g kaolin and witch hazel.

hths

hello there

i qualified in facials last summer, i was given a handout on face masks recipes but i can't find it at the moment

your tutor ahould also give a recipe list

any beauty therapy book should give you info on the ingredients and recipes

but here are some i found from my text book

normal skin- magnesium, calamine and rose water

dry skin - calamine, magnesium and almond oil

sensitive skin - calamine, magnesium and glycerine

greasy skin - fullers earth and witch hazel

i hope this helps

thank you so much thats really helped me out - ill let you know how it goes!!

vicky x

Latest posts

Back