recognised qualifications...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this so here goes....
Why are there so many companies doing lots of cousres, and you get all your certificates afterwards if they are not recognised as a decent qualification.... im having to do my manicure again, as the one i did 3yrs a go is not good enough.

I think this is where people need to do their homework on courses and qualifications before signing up to do them. Nowadays the world and his wife have joined on the nail course bandwagon and lots of people are getting ripped off by these people.

:eek:I did my training with creative and was told today by college that they don't recognise them and i would have to do a college course on nails ?
i was enrolling to do my 7303

Simple answer to this - phone reputable insurance companies and ask them which companies qualifications they recognise.

Then make your choice

CND certification is internationally recognised.. not sure about other company's

:eek:I did my training with creative and was told today by college that they don't recognise them and i would have to do a college course on nails ?
i was enrolling to do my 7303

They (who??) doesn't recognise them for what??

Most salon owners will accept this diploma and I am quite sure most insurance companies do too

Gina x

Iwas told this about the creative and ezflow training I have done as well, I was told to do the 7303 I needed nvq/btec/itec 2 and 3 in nail technology and the college wouldnt accept any of the other training I have done.:irked:

this is why I was asking about courses etc, It costs alot of time and money to learn and as we are continuing to learn it means more expense, I have learnt lessons the hard way with courses. No doubt soon there will have to be a universal pathway in Nails (clamp down on all the unprofessionals)what we all do then? convert or have to start again from Scratch!:rolleyes:

i found this , nvq/vtct/cidesco/itec are all recognised , but any you have done with compaies dont count as they "arnt recognised " even though some of the trainign you get through campanies are better than college , lol

Hi,

Because of the number of schools popping up around the country, we at the Guild now have an accreditation system. Courses are submitted to them, and if satisfactory, we will accredit them and list them on our Training Directory.

This way, we can guarantee insurance for anyone who completes those courses.

It is easy to obtain cover for nationally recognised courses, but as stated above, if you are looking for other qualifications you should check with people like your insurance company before undertaking the course, that their certificate will be recognised at the end of it all.

Hi,

Because of the number of schools popping up around the country, we at the Guild now have an accreditation system. Courses are submitted to them, and if satisfactory, we will accredit them and list them on our Training Directory.

This way, we can guarantee insurance for anyone who completes those courses.

It is easy to obtain cover for nationally recognised courses, but as stated above, if you are looking for other qualifications you should check with people like your insurance company before undertaking the course, that their certificate will be recognised at the end of it all.

I chose the carlton through the guild and i must say i was not impressed with their standards of training and passing. There was a girl on the course whos nails were a right state and the trainer said they were fine and passed her. I was really dissapointed with the fact that i had spent £1200 to do my training and they let that sort of thing happen, maybe the guild need to send someone to experience the course first hand rather than seeing in writing the course content.
Jeni

i have to agree after doing a make up course at the carlton institute windsor). i also paid to do nvq option and have had no calls or contact from them since i did my day course in jan . feel a bit cheeted as they could have phoned to see how my portfolio was going . also i did a so called ear piercing course with them which was forgotton about till i mentioned rite at the end of the day and they seemend rushed and sent me downsatirs for 10 mins and they called that training !!! i have since completed it again thro another training provider . I did enjoy the course but wont go bak as they didnt explain everything to me properly. i have a friend who has just paid over £1000 each for her and her sis to do a nails course there and now think its a big mistake of them to do this after reading lots of reviews all saying the same thing !!! beware !!

Hi All

I would Just like to add to everything that has been already said re training.

I teach nails both in college and for Young nails and I have never said to any of my students that thier certs from companys such as Creative/Young Nails/NSI etc dont count.

I as a professional I realise the hard work and training that the educators for these companys have to go thourgh before thay are let lose on the students.

Unfortunatly in this day and age there are a lot of people who are setting up training schools with no accreditation from anyone. So I supposes the best advice is go for reputation listen to what others have to say about the company and collate as much info before making your decission.

I started my training on the Creative L&P foundation and the Manicure & pedicure Spa day, this cost in the region of £900.

When I applied to start my NVQ training I was told my previous certs didn't count so I would have to start on NVQ level 2 doing manicures, pedicures, simple nail art, fibreglass and A&P,this cost me £660 (including new manicure & pedicure kits and a nail art kit as every one had to have the same kits, I could not use the tools I had from Creatives training).

This year I am finally on the level I thought I would be starting my NVQ on, level 3, doing more Fibreglass assesments, L&P, Gel and advanced nail art, this has cost over £800.
Students from Beauty level 2 can jump straight to level 3 nail services because they have a NVQ which has covered manicures, pedicures and A&P.

Had I researched more thoroughly I would of realised Creatives certificates are not recognised by everyone (even tho the training is as good if not better imo) and I would of saved myself a lot of money if I had completed NVQ levels 2&3 and then done Creatives conversion courses.:grr:

I live and learn...

this is exactly why i did my level 2 VTCT nail treatments course, first before my creative foundation, so that if i decide to go on and do level 3 , hopefully my VTCT would be recognised even if the creative one wasnt, although ive got to say from what ive heard about creative, Ezflow and NSI etc, the courses are better than what i learnt at college anyway, i had one of those tutors, who told students 'false' nails cause damage to natural nail etc,

but hey ho it was recognised course , so had to do it, after reading this though i panicked and checked with the guild that if i do creative foundation, its recognised by them for my insurance, and phew it is , thank god for that

But i also learnt the hard way, because the private training course i paid for back in oct last year, is not recognised by anyone, so was complete waste of money,

You live and learn eh

xxxx

I just had to comment on this, too. I took a 9 month course in nail services at college and qualified. Can you imagine that my tutor passed us all on sculptors (they were c**p by the way and only on 2 fingers) saying that they are never used in the industry!! Now I have found out that it isn't true, I am going to have to pay again to do a Creative course. Not that I am complaining - I can't wait!! :)

this is exactly why i did my level 2 VTCT nail treatments course, first before my creative foundation, so that if i decide to go on and do level 3 , hopefully my VTCT would be recognised even if the creative one wasnt, although ive got to say from what ive heard about creative, Ezflow and NSI etc, the courses are better than what i learnt at college anyway, i had one of those tutors, who told students 'false' nails cause damage to natural nail etc,

but hey ho it was recognised course , so had to do it, after reading this though i panicked and checked with the guild that if i do creative foundation, its recognised by them for my insurance, and phew it is , thank god for that

But i also learnt the hard way, because the private training course i paid for back in oct last year, is not recognised by anyone, so was complete waste of money,

You live and learn eh

xxxx

Do you mean Creatives conversion courses? If VTCT is recognised in the same way as NVQ certificates you will only need to pay for the one day courses (my fibreglass conversion cost £111) and you will recieve a certificate to show you have been given tuition on using thier products. x

i did a BTEC in nails and beauty and found the training i did with EZ flow 10 times better i learnt so much more and found my nails to look better and last longer.
companies like CND and EZ Flow are well known companies and won't just let anyone pass, if they r rubbish they wont pass, one girl on my EZ flow course did not pass, so i think it is awful that they do not accept it.

i feel quite lucky as the nail enhancement part of our btec was done AFTER we had completed and passed manicures and anatomy & physiology, dermatology and microbiology, and scientific principles, so our 18 week 'block' allocated to nails was spent learning about the systems and the industry, im not saying we all became experts in 18 weeks - of course we didnt! BUT not all of us passed, our teacher had high standards and was so picky (she even downgraded me for a spelling mistake!) but i liked the fact that i was one of the chosen few that passed as i felt that i hadnt wasted my time doing something if she was going to pass us all anyway, rubbish or not!

Latest posts

Back