Recognition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Was told by Creative that they dont recognise Essential Nails so I was wondering if anyone knows.....who do Creative and other companies recognise and not recognise,etc?

I did Btec - CND were happy to accept that for ordering products and for a conversion course :)

Also recognise VTCT & NVQ's.

Was told by Creative that they dont recognise Essential Nails so I was wondering if anyone knows.....who do Creative and other companies recognise and not recognise,etc?

It's pretty simple really.
CND accept the training and qualifications from the training providers who have a reputation for excellent training. This does not include correspondence courses or one day courses or independent courses from people not qualified to teach/train etc.

These courses can be used to start someone off down the road to being a professional but CND will not retrain a person with CND products or allow them to buy the 'professional use only' products until they have gone allot further along with more in depth training.

Sorry, CND is the greatest product and they want the greatest nail techs to be using it ... not the untrained to be trashing it. I hope that makes sense to everyone. Makes sense to me.

I could not agree more geeg! and my current experiment is proving that very well!

It's pretty simple really.
CND accept the training and qualifications from the training providers who have a reputation for excellent training. This does not include correspondence courses or one day courses or independent courses from people not qualified to teach/train etc.

These courses can be used to start someone off down the road to being a professional but CND will not retrain a person with CND products or allow them to buy the 'professional use only' products until they have gone allot further along with more in depth training.

Sorry, CND is the greatest product and they want the greatest nail techs to be using it ... not the untrained to be trashing it. I hope that makes sense to everyone. Makes sense to me.

I understand what your saying but when someone is trying to start out in this industry there are so many things you just dont know and realise...i did do some research when looking for a course and yes id be the first to say that i didnt do enough! and i chose essential nails as I thought it seemed like a good one and it was viable to me at the time....i dont particularly regret starting this course but I am keen to get it over with and start training with Creatve..as its clear now that they are the best and i want to be the best...i spend all my spare time practising nails and researching and reading whatever i can because i want to know everything inside and out and be the best..and in light of this i find the 'not the untrained to be trashing it' comment a little hurtful...essential nails may not be great but i have learnt through them and i hae learnt a lot off my own back...im aware i have a long way to go yet..but i wouldnt insult myself by calling myself untrained.

omg i cannot believe her bf agreed to that! lol great exoeriment but theres no way my bf would even contemplate it even on his toes lol...he's happy for me to do a manicure but thats about it... wanted to practice polishing on him once and remove it straight away so noone would know but he wouldnt let me...so i buffed them up super shiney to get my own back...you can imagine his face when i told him the shine was fairly permanent! lol

I understand what your saying but when someone is trying to start out in this industry there are so many things you just dont know and realise...i did do some research when looking for a course and yes id be the first to say that i didnt do enough! and i chose essential nails as I thought it seemed like a good one and it was viable to me at the time....i dont particularly regret starting this course but I am keen to get it over with and start training with Creatve..as its clear now that they are the best and i want to be the best...i spend all my spare time practising nails and researching and reading whatever i can because i want to know everything inside and out and be the best..and in light of this i find the 'not the untrained to be trashing it' comment a little hurtful...essential nails may not be great but i have learnt through them and i hae learnt a lot off my own back...im aware i have a long way to go yet..but i wouldnt insult myself by calling myself untrained.

I think it is clear to everyone that my comment about the untrained was not at all aimed at you personally but a general comment re the type of training that was asked about. You should therefore not find it in the least hurtful but be encouraged to go on and to learn more.

BTW just so you know for the future ... I rarely if ever make personal comments. My replies are to the readers of this site in general. Comments to a specific person should be made in a private message NOT in a thread.

Last edited:
This is actually something which comes up on a reasonably regular basis about what courses are acceptable to then go and do a conversion. When I was looking for training - 7/8 years ago, I considered going down the correspondence course route but I asked Designer Nails (at the time) if it would allow me to buy CND products and I was told no, so it was a no brainer for me, why do 2 training courses when I could do 1.

I suppose what I am saying is - I am surprised that it was a surprise.

Latest posts

Back