Recommendations for an anti dandruff sulfate free shampoo for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
I'm due to have micro ring hair extensions put in using Remy hair and I've been told that i need to use a sulfate free shampoo.(no more Treseme for me then!)

But i suffer from terrible itchy dandruff so much so that normal anti dandruff shampoos don't work nor does Nizoral shampoo (it used to work but doesn't anymore)

My doctor perscribed Oilatum Scalp Intensive treatment shampoo which works a treat and i only wash my hair once a week now, but its got sulfates in.

It's main ingredients are: Ciclopirox olamine, Salicylic acid and menthol.

So I'm looking to find a sulfate free shampoo with those main ingredients in or at least the first 2.

this is a list of all of the ingredients:
Aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Polysorbate 80, PEG- 120 methyl glucose dioleate, salicylic Acid, Ciclopirox Olamine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Oleyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Sodium Hydrocide, Citric Acid, Menthol, Panthenol, Tocopherol

(I copied and pasted from Boots.com lol)

Anyway i hope someone can help, I really want these extensions in xx

Moroccan oil do a clarifying shampoo, and all there products are sulphate free.

This is probably the closest your going to get to sulphate free, and helping your dandruff. Hope this helps x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Moroccan oil do a clarifying shampoo, and all there products are sulphate free.

This is probably the closest your going to get to sulphate free, and helping your dandruff. Hope this helps x

Would/does a shampoo with sulfates in defo knacker remy hair tho?

Would/does a shampoo with sulfates in defo knacker remy hair tho?

I don't know too much about hair extensions, but I don't think it's the hair that will be damaged but the bonds.

I don't know too much about hair extensions, but I don't think it's the hair that will be damaged but the bonds.

Thanks for your help luvvy xx

Have you tried ginger anti-dandruff shampoo from The Body Shop, its amazing, I started using it when Nizoral stopped working on me :)

Latest posts

Back