Recommendations for make up that lasts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm trying to find make up that actually lasts!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I posted a thread a while ago as I needed some make-up recommendations.A lots of lovely geeks advised me to try Estee Lauder double wear foundation. It's amazing, stays on the whole day and you only need to use a tiny bit so one bottle will last you forever.

I was going to suggest Estée Lauder double wear as its fab but just be aware that in photographs it is not flash proof . However I believe the double wear light is, so great for brides xx

I posted a thread a while ago as I needed some make-up recommendations.A lots of lovely geeks advised me to try Estee Lauder double wear foundation. It's amazing, stays on the whole day and you only need to use a tiny bit so one bottle will last you forever.

I second and third this....
I can go the gym and sweat loads and my face doesn't even shift lol

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm trying to find make up that actually lasts!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I had a problem with my make up NOT staying on and after reading a post on here, I am now using Estee Lauder's Double Wear (I use the DW Light) and it actually STAYS ON! I love it! :)

PS: you can go to the EL website and read the reviews for DW.

Last edited:
i bought some helen e at excel as it was on offer and wish id bought more!!!it seems to stay on all day and gives a nice glow xx

i bought some helen e at excel as it was on offer and wish id bought more!!!it seems to stay on all day and gives a nice glow xx

I bought some too! :) Love the coverage it gives and doesn't dry my skin like virtually every other foundation I've tried, sadly doesn't cover my acne scars but otherwise I love it. Just looking at different make up myself at the mo to help cover my scars but Helen E is lovely if you have good skin xx

Thanks everyone. I tried double wear a while ago and it did seem to last ok, but I still had the same problem as always - shiny patches of skin after a couple hours! I think I may have particularly oily skin or something?!

Don't know if you have bought the foundation yet but if it's Estee Lauder you were going to go for then House of Fraser has a deal on just now that when you buy an Estee Lauder foundation you get a free concealer and lipgloss. I have been thinking about the double wear to give it a go and this deal has sold me, I'm going in on Thursday to buy it :)

Don't know if you have bought the foundation yet but if it's Estee Lauder you were going to go for then House of Fraser has a deal on just now that when you buy an Estee Lauder foundation you get a free concealer and lipgloss. I have been thinking about the double wear to give it a go and this deal has sold me, I'm going in on Thursday to buy it :)

Could not live without double wear I use it in all my brides (with the right skin of course) the double wear light is super versatile, an illuminator mixed in will stop face looking white in a camera (this isn't a problem with professional cameras) x

Could not live without double wear I use it in all my brides (with the right skin of course) the double wear light is super versatile, an illuminator mixed in will stop face looking white in a camera (this isn't a problem with professional cameras) x

You say only with the right skin, what skin is this suitable for then? As this sounds like a good foundation

I bought some too! :) Love the coverage it gives and doesn't dry my skin like virtually every other foundation I've tried, sadly doesn't cover my acne scars but otherwise I love it. Just looking at different make up myself at the mo to help cover my scars but Helen E is lovely if you have good skin xx
Oooo I need a foundation to cover acne scars on my chin. Really gets me down some days:rolleyes:

Has anyone tried the double wear maximum coverage? (I have awful skin :rolleyes:)

Ooooh I may have to try some of this Estee Lauder.

I'm a total MAC convert though. Especially their matte lipsticks, they are actually quite hard to get off sometimes!

I used to use Benefit but soon realised all I was really paying for was the fancy packaging lol.

I use the liquid foundation that hydrates. I notice though that I only get good coverage when I take my time applying it and with a decent brush and correctly.

I used to just rub it in with my hands years ago and then wonder why it looked so crap haha.

x

Double wear all the way!!!

July x

Defo has to be Airbase for me!

Latest posts

Back