Recommendations for real European hair - Rapunzelsofsweden?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberExt

Reaction score
Hi,

Im after trialling some different textures & wondering if anyone can recommend a good *certified real european hair. Has anyone used Rapunzelsofsweden? It looks amazingly natural ( if the opposite of sjk arabian super thickness, which im also going to trial)

Its roughly the same cost of sjk krystal and a fair bit cheaper then beautyworks celeb choice. Im looking around this price, if theres any recommendations...?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll stand by my opinion that there is no 'European' hair, there is only 'European-type' hair. The word was coined by the Italians back in the days in order to distinguish between coarse thick hair and hair that was similar in structure to that of Europeans. In other countries, people still speak of 'Italian' hair.
If anyone wishes to challenge this, please come forward with a country in Europe you think might have inhabitants whose hair could be sold on the global market in large quantities and who would gladly part with it.

Rapunzelfosweden's so-called 'European' hair is a complete disaster, I once ordered the lightest shade and it tangled up into a frizzball after a few washes. I am sure they just hike up the price but actually sell just one type of hair, labeling it either Remy or European or whatever. They're not the only ones to do that anyway.

You could try Remi Cachet Elegance by additonallengths.co.uk, they're a very good trustworthy supplier, I don't understand why they hardly get a mention on here. Even the cheaper Remi Cachet is good and double drawn, and the blonds are free from dark hairs, the colors are soft and look natural. They also sell bulk hair, it's very expensive and pretty much hit and miss, color 6 I once ordered was great, color 613 not so much.

I completely agree with you, I simply dont believe indian or brazillian hair comes out of a chinese factory ;) (especially having experience of importing stone from India and the Indian trading style!)

edited: Just like some russian hair comes from mongolian borders, well it maybe russian teritory but geographically the hairs more asian in structure.

Yes looking deeper rapunzels original is asian, european is stated as nordic and luxury is scandinavian but at £1000 a head maybe it is, id certajnly want to see authenticity if so :)

I think additionallengths is a victim of the 'belle effect' on here ;) :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to do business with India, much as I would like to. I tried several times, but it seems you'd have to plead with them to take your money and send you their merch! As we all know, the Chinese are much more efficient!

I don't believe Brazilian hair exists either, it's just the same ole Indian hair, only repackaged. The curls are normally 'man-made'.

If you look carefully at the wording on their website, Rapunzel makes no mention of the luxury hair being from Scandinavia. It's worded in such a way that you can read that statement into it, but again, if you were to let's say take them to court over it, you wouldn't stand a chance!
Where pricing is concerned, hair costs are a bit different in other countries than they are in the UK. You might find Chinese Remy being sold as 'high quality' with the corresponding price tag overseas, therefore don't let this fool you. My guess their luxury hair is very high quality Indian hair, and the rest is Chinese.

I can only guess what you mean by the 'Belle effect' as I'm not too clued up on salongeek-specific gossip, if it's something you can't voice on the boards, PM me, I'd love to know haha! :)

Yes you need big business (like national) to be taken interest in the Indian market,

Brazillian hair is worrying I had a lady last week having 'virgin brazillian' hair taken out, it was super fried from we assume chemically straightening, it hadnt lasted the night! But thats what I see lots of on gumtree because the fitters pick it up off alibaba and believe the title descriptions! What a crock!

What im after really is soft hair, I find indian can go cardboardy, so would you say im better off finding something a little bit higher priced and not worry about its source, just its processing?

European hair DOES exist, primarily from Spain. I occasionally use hair from Poland too. There is a million miles of difference between genuine European hair and Indian hair.
I would strongly advise against libelling companies on a public forum, it's really not wise unless you have absolute PROOF that there is NO European hair sold in the UK for hair extensions.

European hair DOES exist, primarily from Spain. I occasionally use hair from Poland too. There is a million miles of difference between genuine European hair and Indian hair.
I would strongly advise against libelling companies on a public forum, it's really not wise unless you have absolute PROOF that there is NO European hair sold in the UK for hair extensions.

Thank you for replying Persianista, i think the confusion comes from their own website

" Rapunzel® European*has finer strands, like European hair. These genuine human hair extensions come from southern Europe and parts of Russia that lie closest to the Nordic region."

Note the term 'like' European hair.. is it or isnt it? Obviously the answer wont come on this board. but im sure they can provide authenticity, they look to be above the 'norm'. I'll update if I get a response.

The wider discussion, which is probably a different thread and is not directed at any specific co here is the ethics., Great Lengths, Balmain pride themselves on traceability, they are doing it right. The trouble is in general a lot of it is buzz words, just look at the double drawn thread, the raised eyebrows over the ' new' remy from longtime pros, the image of glorious russian blondes handing over their dazzling hair when really most of russia is more like borats khazstan.. whats a buzzword for the public and whats fraud can & is blurred, take the 100% virgin brazillian hair at $20 a bundle direct from a chinese factory...

Erm.. back to the thread, any recommendations on certified european hair &/ reviews on rapunzelofsweden

:)

This is genuine European hair, cuticle correct and intact. Purchased today. Contrary to what you claim, it does exist.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 189
This is genuine European hair, cuticle correct and intact. Purchased today. Contrary to what you claim, it does exist.
Attached Thumbnails

Looks lush!

I had some European which came from spain, can't remember the guys name who it was from? He was quite old,lol anyway it was really nice, I think alot of places just class hair that's cut from white people as European.

A picture doesn't prove anything. This kind of thing just confirms my suspicions. I have never received a direct answer to my more than direct questions, therefore it's obvious that something is being concealed. If someone sells fruit and is asked where the fruit is from (clear simple question), they'll inform you about the country of origin. In case they are purporting to sell papayas from Norway, you'll obviously expect an explanation as to how they were grown. If the seller avoids the subject, you will inevitably smell something fishy. Same thing here. Where are all these amazing women, men and children (hair is not gender-specific) who willingly sell masses of hair at a very low price. And why are they suddenly all in Spain, with a few specimens in Poland, when they all used to be in Russia ('on the outskirts of Moscow', as a hair merchant informed me, hahaha)? Why is Russian hair even given its own category? Either it's from European people or it isn't. And if it's from the head of Borat ( this made me laugh), then it should have its own category. And why does it only exist in two, three countries? What about several other countries that actually have poverty issues and where one could still somehow imagine such a thing going on?
There are too many things that don't add up, therefore it's only logical that someone should become skeptical when confronted with sketchy evidence.

Maybe the question you asked were perceived as wanting to know confidential information? If your aggressive tone on here is anything to go by, I'm not surprised people don't respond as you'd like.
Now, I can tell you exactly where that hair came from, how it was collected, who sorted and graded it, who coloured it, and what was used to colour it, but guess what? I think anyone who tries to aggressively discredit companies often has an agenda, so I'll keep the information to myself, and wish you and your Chinese hair well.

Maybe the question you asked were perceived as wanting to know confidential information? If your aggressive tone on here is anything to go by, I'm not surprised people don't respond as you'd like.
Now, I can tell you exactly where that hair came from, how it was collected, who sorted and graded it, who coloured it, and what was used to colour it, but guess what? I think anyone who tries to aggressively discredit companies often has an agenda, so I'll keep the information to myself, and wish you and your Chinese hair well.

As a consumer, and in this case I am the consumer, because I buy the hair and then fit a client with it who in turn carries the costs, I should be entitled to know what I am buying, and so should the end consumer, ie the client. It turns out that hundreds, if not thousands, are buying something that could be anything, it could have been colored wih noxious substances or come from unsavoury places.
I don't particularly bad-mouth any companies, I say good things about the ones I like, and I openly state if I think a company isn't good. It's called having an opinion, and last time I checked it was legal to have one in this country. The company mentioned in this thread is not very popular anyway, I just relegated my experience with them. Honestly, I don't give a s**t anyway. Again, it just confirms what I said all along. If information on something that will come into contact with your body and your skin as well as the skin of others is 'classified information', then I think it's high time a legislating body did something about it.

I don't get what your saying there's no such think as hair extensions from Europe? That's bull in my eyes. Yes a lot of companies state it's European hair and its not but you do get people selling their hair for extensions all over the world not just in third world countries. So yes you can get hair sourced from Europe and come from a European female/male.

Attached Thumbnails

Its beautiful, completely different to indian silky straight ;) I guess its the russian RJ? Even in my short time here I know of his reputation, I understand the daughter is for want of a better word a nicer contact (christ I'll sleep with 1 eye open tonight!)

The point has been beautifully made that no real euro hair is readily available from a 'brand', that was my question, a certified source, so many companies (even founding salon brands) say 'euro style' fudge it a bit, well mongolias close enough to russia right... this chinese factory sell indian & brazillian hair, how convenient, and its all remy... must be true right....

Besides turns out the hair id seen had been miscategorised on the website and is out of my league anyway, lol, true story :D

I don't get what your saying there's no such think as hair extensions from Europe? That's bull in my eyes. Yes a lot of companies state it's European hair and its not but you do get people selling their hair for extensions all over the world not just in third world countries. So yes you can get hair sourced from Europe and come from a European female/male.

The question is 'where' where can I buy some, haha the answer was be careful what you read cos the small print can be different to the advert. Then it went on a tangent.. think that about sums the thread up?

The question is 'where' where can I buy some, haha the answer was be careful what you read cos the small print can be different to the advert. Then it went on a tangent.. think that about sums the thread up?

Try prhair.com. Check out the website, the guy is nice, you might like it. Also try additinallengths' European hair, you might like it too, it's unbranded btw. A Swiss company called real-russian-hair.com does very nice hair.

Oh and why should anyone not be able to sleep in peace (even just figuratively speaking), because of some nasty man?

Go to onlinehairaffair.com-several white people selling their hair on there, but at a very high price. Imagine having to draw that and make it into strands, maybe even color it? It would cost a fortune, not just a few hundred pounds.

Latest posts

Back