Recommendations needed for water proof mascara

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a good waterproof mascara to use while away on holiday. I've tried a few of the cheaper ones but they do not give the thickness and volume I'm used to with normal mascara and I don't want to waste my money on on more rubbish. Can anyone recommend a good one?
Thanks in advance xx

I love mabelline illegal lengths ,it got fibers so is quite dry and kind of crumbles off if that makes sense :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Eyeko, available on their website or from Harvey Nichols. The best mascara ever!

Try Dreamweave its not waterproof as such but theres no panda eyes and only comes off if you rub your eyes. I love it xx

Is eyeko waterproof ?

I love Eyeko, first used the skinny brush one, now got the black magic one. It says water resistant but with this particular one i do get black smudges throughout the day. i don't remember getting that with the skinny one.

Could just be me!

I have a couple of number 7 ones and they're really nice.

Definately try dreamweave x

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using SalonGeek

I love Dreamweave but its definitely not waterproof, I wouldn't wear it whilst swimming if thats what you intend to do, Lancome do some great waterproof mascaras, all of them are great.

What about trying a semi perm mascara?

Thank you for your comments, I will give a couple of those a go. Yes I want something that will stay put while swimming in the sea. Not keen on semi permanent mascara, have heard lots of bad things about it. Might end up going for lashes tho but will try out your suggestions.
Thanks xx

I love Eyeko, first used the skinny brush one, now got the black magic one. It says water resistant but with this particular one i do get black smudges throughout the day. i don't remember getting that with the skinny one.

Could just be me!

The product is the same, it's just the brush that is different. If you still have the skinny brush swap it over if not get some skinny disposables.

No idea why you get the smudging unless your not allowing it to dry? But i'm not a fan of the big brush either on its own. I read somewhere that you should apply with the skinny brush then use the big brush over the top. This seems to work a treat as it gets it right to the root of the lashes and then gives the volume.

X

I would try semi perm MYscara x

Clarins have Double Fix, combs over any mascara making it waterproof. Worth a shot?

m.clarins.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-clruk-Site/en_GB/Product-Show?pid=C050203007

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You could tint your lashes, unless you want the volume and length.

Agree with dreamweave best I've used x

One word: blinc

Dream weave is great but definitely not waterproof.

Latest posts

Back