Recommendations/referrals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi geeks

It's been so long now I've been hearing word of mouth is best form of advertisement , however I have been going now since September (snail pace slow) and never had one recommendation despite the clients I have done been extremely happy with their nails and i know for a fact they have been singing my praises

This is frustrating as it seems this is how everyone else builds there business so am I just unlucky enough that the clients that come to me aren't influential enough within their social circles :(

How long did it take for u to get recommendations from existing clients , I thought it would of been within a few days of doing a new client I would hear from their friends/family

I started about the same time and it took til mid December to start seeing recommendations come through. Have you got a Facebook page? I get most of my clients through that and that's kind of recommendation too, if you tag the client in the pic of their nails then all their friends see it and want nails too :)

I took about 6 months to start getting recomendations as clients new their shellac was lasting, no damage to nails and that I did work that standard other techs didn't, like 3d, onestroke, adding others embelishements. Plus I had loads to offer in glitters foils, crystals etc.

But I always put in my plan 18 months to 2 years to get a client base that ticked over.

Why do you guys think it takes so long?

If you think if you do a clients nails... Change them every 2/3 weeks... Their friends sees few designs and then sees one that they love so them say ok I want your nail techs details, that's taken 2 months maybe... Then they have their nails done and their friends sees and after few changes another 4 to 6 weeks, sees they last and that she gets wow nails and ask for number... That's 4/6 months...

I would want to see a few sets if nails lasting and being different before I went to see a new tech, I might limber my friends nails but I would want to know they are good and that my friends has haD a good few visits and nails are healthy and ok.

Takes time

I am having the same issue, I started in September. I think I have a good brand good cards and do other things as well as nails but not many people through the door apart from 1 friend & 2 family & 2 freebies & 1 referral (freebies & referral never came back) for nails.
I've been thinking I really need to invest in Gelish to get people through the door as normal polish doesn't cut it anymore!
:(

How are you all advertising? If you are just hoping that Facebook will cover it, you need to expand your horizons. When I do a leaflet drop, I get a few new clients. After several leaflet drops in the same area, I get quite a few new clients because they have seen your name a few times, and sometimes one friend has been and they are talking about you. People need to see your name about 7 times before they associate you and nails or beauty or whatever, so your name needs to pop up in a lot of places!!!

It also helps to make "word of mouth" slightly more official, such as "Introduce a friend and both get 20% off your next visit" type thing.

Vicki x

How are you all advertising? If you are just hoping that Facebook will cover it, you need to expand your horizons. When I do a leaflet drop, I get a few new clients. After several leaflet drops in the same area, I get quite a few new clients because they have seen your name a few times, and sometimes one friend has been and they are talking about you. People need to see your name about 7 times before they associate you and nails or beauty or whatever, so your name needs to pop up in a lot of places!!!

It also helps to make "word of mouth" slightly more official, such as "Introduce a friend and both get 20% off your next visit" type thing.

Vicki x

Nailed it!

Latest posts

Back