Recommendations-spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttaylor

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound to silly lol. I have done training with st tropez an have been doing spray tabs for 3 years now and am very confident in doing so however I was salon based and to be honest I do both hairdressing and beauty I have now moved salon and I'm looking into getting my own stuff for tanning however I'm so used to what I was using I've now got to think of machine? Pop up tent? Solution? I have been using a fixed st tropez spray booth I have played around with other products such as fake bake, sienna x, urban tan, and tan solutions But after researching on here no one has mentioned a few of these lol especially st tropez!
Basically has anyone got any advise for me as now I feel like I know nothing from looking on here where
As where as the salon I worked at I was really busy and was deemed the best at spray tanning in the area!! Ha ha

Thanks in advance

I hope this doesn't sound to silly lol. I have done training with st tropez an have been doing spray tabs for 3 years now and am very confident in doing so however I was salon based and to be honest I do both hairdressing and beauty I have now moved salon and I'm looking into getting my own stuff for tanning however I'm so used to what I was using I've now got to think of machine? Pop up tent? Solution? I have been using a fixed st tropez spray booth I have played around with other products such as fake bake, sienna x, urban tan, and tan solutions But after researching on here no one has mentioned a few of these lol especially st tropez!
Basically has anyone got any advise for me as now I feel like I know nothing from looking on here where
As where as the salon I worked at I was really busy and was deemed the best at spray tanning in the area!! Ha ha

Thanks in advance

if st tropez works for you then why change? xx

Hi
I live in West Midlands too and i trained with Nouvatan! Ive got to say i cant fault it, the kit is top of the shop and the product is fab! I have lots of regular fortnightly clients now who wouldnt use another tan product as the application is so natural the gun sprays fluently the price is reasonable, the support is excellent and more to the point (from a clients point of view)the fade off is brill! Ive never used St Tropez myself but from a mobile point of view i can only comment on Nouvatan.
Good Luck anyway:D

Yeah I seem to be hearing a lot about nouvatan I think I might give it a go. Are you mobile or salon based? See I'm still going to be salon based but will only have a tiny room which I am hoping to be able to have a beauty bed in as well may be a tight squeeze lol but
Hoping I can have things I can fold away to give room for each service when needed. So was thinking of a
Pop up tent and machine. Would this be ok do you think and do I use them any different to how I have been doing tanning with the st tropez booth? X

Yeah I seem to be hearing a lot about nouvatan I think I might give it a go. Are you mobile or salon based? See I'm still going to be salon based but will only have a tiny room which I am hoping to be able to have a beauty bed in as well may be a tight squeeze lol but
Hoping I can have things I can fold away to give room for each service when needed. So was thinking of a
Pop up tent and machine. Would this be ok do you think and do I use them any different to how I have been doing tanning with the st tropez booth? X

a pop up tent will be fine, clients won't mind it at all. but with regard to the spray solution, i was once told "if something works for you, dont change it" and i have learnt the hard way. i LOVE st tropez's retail products but didn't look into this as a spray tanning option, looking back in hindsight i should have. i am now changing to st tropez, as i got a little sample and tested it on my sister and looks great. can i just ask though, how long is the fade-off for st tropez i.e. how long does it last? CHeers

I use Natura sun and I find the selection of shades great.
I hsve got a pop up tent but don't like it as I find it too dark, so I use a shower curtain on the wall under my extractor fan. This works well for me.
Mandy

the bonus of having a pop-up tent is that you can fold it away, when ur not using it. TBH, I've had St.Tropez spray tans, and as far as I can see the biggest difference equipment wise, is the compressor! The HVLP machines are smaller, and lighter, and easier to move around than the the St.Tropez compressor. As far as product goes, everyone has their favourites, but you probably need to try some different brands out on yourself. I personally always found St.Tropez very sticky for a good few hours after application, so wouldn't use it on my clients. I do however love Nouvatan, and if budget isn't an issue, try Xentan. HTH xx

Hi, I've worked with St Tropez for about 6 years now, I've tried other tans but always come back to St Tropez! My clients love it, the colour is great, really natural and the classic mist lasts about 5 days on the skin before it starts to fade! The new Dark St Tropez mist on the other hand lasts much longer due to the new formulation- its amazing! I don't know what I did before hand!! x

Latest posts

Back