Recommendations welcome for quick drying large massage towels and couch covers.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieR

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
Can anyone suggest a few ideas on suppliers of quick drying towels and a couch covers? I have seen some polyester couch covers from guess where and they are not my usual towelling stretchy fabric. Has anyone tried them for comfort and fit on an average beauty couch?
I aren't thinking of having disposable ones, just ones that are easier to launder and air- dry in a few hours. The cheaper the better as business is still pretty slow.
Thanks in anticipation.
RosieR

I bought a wipeable plastic fitted couch cover from majestic towels. I was anxious that it would be too large as their sizes are a bit odd - I bought a cover 10 cms wider than my couch. It fits fine.

It’s very comfortable and not obviously plastic at all. I put my paper couch roll over the top for waxing and then clean off any stickiness with wax equipment cleaner and surgical spirit to remove any after wax oil, then spritz over with sanitiser. It’s been absolutely fine and well accepted by my clients. It’s paid for itself in reduced washing and drying costs.

I switched to cotton sheets from BC soft wear to put over couches. Pure Linen Treatment Bed Single Sheet
They are a good size and I can fit 5-6 in a washing load and tumble dry to damp, then finish off on the airer after a quick iron. It’s a nice touch of quality. I “punch” a “billiard pocket” over the face hole (not an actual hole). Clients are used to breathing through fabric so they don’t worry about breathing through a thin sheet as long as they can see a good size “hole”. I explain it’s for covid security. At first I used supreme softheader towels over the top of the sheet, which i thought was an inspired idea, but clients got a bit hot so now I don’t bother.

The cotton sheet is draped over my supremesoft couch cover which I also got from bc soft wear. It would slither off otherwise.

The couch cover is draped, not fitted, but does have a couch hole collar which seems to help it stay put. (It’s a bit wider than the 70cm stated) I kept meaning to put some elastic into the corners to help it be fitted, but so far I haven’t bothered.
https://www.bcsoftwear.co.uk/Suprem...idery_item=8595-23&size=Couch Cover Head Hole
I’ve been very pleased with the supremesoft range, they dry quickly and don’t hold lots of water so I can get more in a washing machine and I only tumble dry them briefly and then toss them over an airer. I think they are a bit thin for warmth though as a top cover. I use a polyester fleece couch cover from majestic which is the perfect size and I don’t tumble dry it at all.

I have friends who use teddy fleece fitted sheets for their couch and they speak very highly of them. They don’t do any face down treatments though, so the lack of a face hole isn’t an issue,

Thankyou very much for your detailed reply, I think your sheet idea and the fleece couch cover will be the way to go. I am already using a wipeable couch cover which started out as a PVC table cover with couch roll and works perfectly well for waxing.

It is the massage and spa treatments that I need to sort out. The laundry drives me mad per service, but the lighter sheet option is an excellent alternative. Teddy fleece would be just gorgeous on a cool day like today.

Many thanks for your advice, as ever you are a great help! x

Latest posts

Back