SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eballen

Reaction score
Can anyone recommended a nail course that is going to enable me to be a nail technician? I’m already trained in gel polish and acrylic but I haven’t don’t acrylic in so long so I want to re train. I can’t find any part time courses in my area (hull). Been searching for months and still not found anything!

Any help would be much appreciated

Are you looking for a few days or months course? If you don't mind travelling there are some in Nottingham and leicester

Are you looking for a few days or months course? If you don't mind travelling there are some in Nottingham and leicester

I don’t mind travelling cause there isn’t nothing in my area. I don’t mind how long it is but I want to make sure it’s properly accreditited not just a 2 day course where they take your money and then you don’t get trained well! I’ll have a look at them thank you x

Can anyone recommended a nail course that is going to enable me to be a nail technician? I’m already trained in gel polish and acrylic but I haven’t don’t acrylic in so long so I want to re train. I can’t find any part time courses in my area (hull). Been searching for months and still not found anything!

What do you think about online courses?

Penny Lawler has a good course. Check out her course here: Tech Booster - Mastering Acrylic Application 1 & 2

Would you consider a college course? I did this and felt confident once I completed it.
Some of it now seems a bit dated however there is plenty time for both theory and practical work. I did one evening a week so it’s a long course however as you’re already qualified you could start on clients when ever you felt confident enough.

flirties offers acrylic and gel nail training and the trainers generally offer this throughout the UK and Ireland....if you want I can get you in touch with someone?

Would you consider a college course? I did this and felt confident once I completed it.
Some of it now seems a bit dated however there is plenty time for both theory and practical work. I did one evening a week so it’s a long course however as you’re already qualified you could start on clients when ever you felt confident enough.

Yes I would definitely its just there's only 2 colleges near me and both don't do what I need and the courses aren't part time either which is also something I would need. There is a salon doing a VTCT that runs for 20 weeks but I'm not sure about it as I've not really heard of them. So hard knowing which one to go for!

flirties offers acrylic and gel nail training and the trainers generally offer this throughout the UK and Ireland....if you want I can get you in touch with someone?
Oh really? I've not heard of them. Is there a website or anything?

I was in your exact position..i have ended up coming back to college and doing a tech course. Level 3 extended diploma in nail technology. You can apply for the further eduaction student loan and it dosent affect your uni funding if you ever wanted to go. Best thing I ever did. I do it at the Manchester college so you would probably have to find a local college to you. Good luck x

Yes I would definitely its just there's only 2 colleges near me and both don't do what I need and the courses aren't part time either which is also something I would need. There is a salon doing a VTCT that runs for 20 weeks but I'm not sure about it as I've not really heard of them. So hard knowing which one to go for!
Vtct it's a reputable exsamanin board. I go to a college and they are who our course is running under x

Latest posts

Back