Recommended semi permanent lash training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natisco

Reaction score
Hi All.

Just joined the forum.
So I've decided to follow my passion and train to apply lashes.
I'm so obsessed and cannot live without them!
I have been carrying out research on whom to trained with.. I've narrowed it down to Eyelash Emporium, Nouveau Lashes and Flirties - so ladies need your advice here pls. Which of these do you recommend? If there are others I should look into please let me know.

Appreciated
Xx

Im flirties trained, love everything about them. A client of mine is a beauty therapist tutor and she has had many brands applied to her and she likes the feel of flirties the best :)

I'm in Glasgow and trained with The Scottish Therapy Academy. The training was great, though a lot of home based training is required to pick up speed and technique.

Hi All.

Just joined the forum.
So I've decided to follow my passion and train to apply lashes.
I'm so obsessed and cannot live without them!
I have been carrying out research on whom to trained with.. I've narrowed it down to Eyelash Emporium, Nouveau Lashes and Flirties - so ladies need your advice here pls. Which of these do you recommend? If there are others I should look into please let me know.

Appreciated
Xx

Hi.. I'm glad you're thinking about us for your training and it's great that you are doing some research. A good choice now can make all the difference and there are now so many trainers to choose from (good and bad). Mostly, you get what you pay for with the established brands but here are some questions to ask that will help you choose.

• Is your course accredited by the Beauty Guild? (important for insurance)
  • How many CPD points has the course been awarded? (shows the content of the course)
  • What's the procedure for submitting case studies? (if they don't do pictorial case studies, walk away, you'll be wasting your time and money)
  • Do you have independently certified reviews on your website? (you can trust them more than forum posts)
  • Have you won any awards for your training?
Finally, check out the range and quality of the products as you'll be using them at least as long as you're training. It doesn't have to cost a fortune for top quality products , you'll find it easier to work and get better results.
Like you, we're obsessed with lashes, it's all we do. xx..

Hiya,

SO happy I found this thread, I am in the exact same position. I want to be trained in semi-permanent lashes, express, lash lift and volume lashes. I originally looked at Nouveau but upon months of research I have narrowed it down to Flirties or Lash Emporium. Did you make a choice?

I'm leaning towards Flirties as they train in everything, whereas Emporium only do the lashes and volume.

Hiya,

All, thanks for your replies. Appreciated x

Rae1990- I was thinking Nouveau because they offer 2days then a grad day. Also, upon speaking to a number of people who attended a one day course- they said they did not feel confident, which does make sense because practice makes perfect! So still in indecisive mode.

What made you rule out Nouveau?

Flirties training may be one day initially but the training is ongoing as it's usually one to one or small groups, and you then have to complete case studies, the trainer will always be on hand to help you and have a specific group for students and therapists and trainers to help, you don't just get one trainer you get a team of trainers with on going support x

I'm thinking of booking the flirties course today but I am a complete beginner and so worried that I won't be able to do them. I can do spray tans, facials and massages and I trained in hair extensions last year which I managed to pick up ok, but I don't know if lashes will be too fidly for me.

Honest opinion- Is it on the fairly easy side of the spectrum to pick up, or is it pretty difficult?

I'm thinking of booking the flirties course today but I am a complete beginner and so worried that I won't be able to do them. I can do spray tans, facials and massages and I trained in hair extensions last year which I managed to pick up ok, but I don't know if lashes will be too fidly for me.

Honest opinion- Is it on the fairly easy side of the spectrum to pick up, or is it pretty difficult?

The training covers everything from scratch so you dont have to worry about having previous knowledge if you are new to lash treatments but if you want you can also have a chat with a trainer first to see which course might suit you and your clients best?

I recommend eyelash emporium, they have the highest CPD points and are top of health and safety! The course is so informative then you do 5 case studies to build our confidence and after each one you send your pictures in and they get marked and reel you if you're going wrong anywhere so you can fix it on your next case study. Such a good way to pick up your experience and confidence xx

Flirties training may be one day initially but the training is ongoing as it's usually one to one or small groups, and you then have to complete case studies, the trainer will always be on hand to help you and have a specific group for students and therapists and trainers to help, you don't just get one trainer you get a team of trainers with on going support x

Really? Wonder why I've never had any contact or support from the trainer or Flirties once I trained with them?

Really? Wonder why I've never had any contact or support from the trainer or Flirties once I trained with them?

You would need to contact Flirties or your trainer, although there are a team of trainers all willing to help with any issues you may be having you do not have to contact just your initial trainer, feel free to contact myself or the office x

I loved Nouveau's training very through :)

I've booked up Flirties with Layla.

I was wondering on the difficulty too!

It's very fiddly at first but that's what your case studies are for and why you need to contact your trainer with any difficulties you may encounter. I usually say it takes at least 10 sets before you feel comfortable and happy with your application x

I've booked up Flirties with Layla.

I was wondering on the difficulty too!

Hi princess, I was wondering what you thought of your training? As I am now too in the predicament of nouveau or flirties. Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back