Reconstructing toenail for difficult client, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtech770

Reaction score
Greetings! Same bonkers client texts me. Love her to death. Longtime customer but seems to be picking at her toenails. First was that little baby pinky and now, god heavens!!

I have never reconstructed a toenail before. Client said she "banged" her big toe on the coffee table supposedly and is asking if I can fix this. What would you advise?

I really, truly in my heart of all hearts believe she should grow it out!! What is this lady doing to her pretty feets!!!!???

Attachments

• 55DD4392-0AE5-4046-89FD-7629A01561F1.jpeg
    55DD4392-0AE5-4046-89FD-7629A01561F1.jpeg
    905.3 KB · Views: 96
If you're trained in acrylic/hard gel then sculpting in the missing bit is super easy. Its not that bad, it's winter here I'd telling her to leave it alone for a couple of months and it will be grown back in perfectly fine. We're also in a total lockdown again so no one is goings anywhere to need nice toes anyway 😉

If you're trained in acrylic/hard gel then sculpting in the missing bit is super easy. Its not that bad, it's winter here I'd telling her to leave it alone for a couple of months and it will be grown back in perfectly fine. We're also in a total lockdown again so no one is goings anywhere to need nice toes anyway 😉

My lord, I have been telling her between the pinky and toenail that she will be just fine by April and to calm down. In the meantime, do you know any fix-her-up videos to help me prep for this?

My lord, I have been telling her between the pinky and toenail that she will be just fine by April and to calm down. In the meantime, do you know any fix-her-up videos to help me prep for this?

Usual enhancement prep for whatever product/brand you use

As a side note, anyone have toenail pickers in their arsenal as I seem to? I have heard of fingernail pickers but TOENAIL PICKERS!?!?

I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA and it is 7000ft (2100m) above sea level and a favorite pastime is hiking.

I have repaired and replaced dozens of toenails damaged, torn or missing from being jammed in boots. Do as Trinity advises.

While it’s not recommended to place acrylic directly on the skin, if you put a bit of oil or lotion on the skin and float the acrylic over it, the raw product won’t be in contact for long. The only part that will be attached is obviously on the remaining nail plate.

Just leave it to grow out. No point starting to mess with this when it will grow out soon. Like Trinity says, most folk are either in total lockdown, or not doing too much right now, so unless she needs these feet on display right now, just leave them alone.

The lady is is a stay-at-home mom. We are not in lockdown but she can be a bit nutty in her own right. One can say she is a real nail picker this one. I told her a dozen times if she just doesn't touch this one and her damaged pinky toe I will see her in April and she will be just fine for a regular pedicure. I agree to just leave this one alone, but if she begs I will do the repairs as Trinity advised. That is, if she didn't make matters worse.

Latest posts

Back