record cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minime1

Reaction score
Hi there,

just wondered how you lot use your record cards for your clients.

When ever you get new customers do you always take there details even if its just a eye wax??

how do you use them to build your business??

And how long do you leave it until you throw the cards away as the customer hasn't been to you in months.
Do you sewt your self little targets to get new customers ??

cheers
Nat

I always fill in a card b4 i start a treatment with a new client even for a file, then i fill in what they had, every time there after.
Because our town is a holiday hot spot i never throw the clients record cards out in case the come back for another holiday 2-3 yrs later. HTH

It is important for a client to complete a thorough consultation/record card before any treatment, it covers your back and prevents nasties happening, and the more you know about your client, the better service you can provide them!

Even if it's 'just' an eyebrow wax....think about it....sensitive eye area, pretty hot wax.....and if you haven't got the client to fill out a record card then you don't know if they have sensitive skin/an eye condition/using a retinol-based cream around their eye which means you could pull the top layer of their skin off with the wax.

Just to sum up, record cards are essential :green:

edit: unless you're record cards are separate from your consultation cards? hmmm I don't know how that would work though....

other than all the stuff amy has said, it's important to get thier phone number incase you need to contact them reguarding thier appointment and address which is useful for sending them promotional leaflets etc. especially if they havn't visited you in a while.

If you haven't filled in a record card and kept a note of treatments, you could find yourself in difficulties with your insurance company if ever anybody makes a claim against you (God forbid!)
As for uses, what about:
mail shots with special offers/new treatments
christmas/birthday cards (personal touch - clients appreciate that)
I sometimes email people with offers or appointment reminders too.

Latest posts

Back