Recruiting staff-qualifications question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv9mbs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I am finally in a place to hire another part time therapist to work along side me in a 2 room beauty business.

I'm completely stuck on the wording for an advert and also as I am Irish living in Scotland only a few years I am unfamiliar with nvq level qualifications.... I have ITEC, CIBTAC and CIDESCO so other than these I don't know what I'm looking for in a therapist.
can someone please advise what nvq level Cidesco would be etc.

Thanks so much!

Basically you have different qualifications but usually it is an nvq that comes with 2 levels - Nvq2 and 3.
When I was looking, I interviewed potential staff and assumed they could do everything I could do but had one girl who was on paper and in person, ideal. She was lovely but had qualified in a btec which is considered an equivalent to A levels. From what I understood it was quite business based. She had qualified without ever waxing an underarm. Unbelievable! And sadly absolutely no good to me whatsoever, so don't assume the qualification means that they can actually do things. Sadly colleges often send students out unfit for work. I found a lovely girl who had done an nvq 2 and 3 and knew how to wax as well as everything else.

Good luck

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just realised you said you're in Scotland. It may be different again lol x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

In scotland it's svq and HND. Svq level 2 is mostly beauty treatments, level 3 is massage and body treatments. HND is probably the equivalent to what you are looking for. If you look at SQA Scottish Qualifications Authority it should explain a bit more about the level of the courses. HND is quite a bit more in depth to svq. However, some therapists can be excellent at level 2 and 3 just like some can be terrible that have studied HND. Hope that helps a wee bit.

That's great advice as always, thank you so much x

Latest posts

Back