Recruitment advice needed from salon owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Haven't been on here in a while, I know, long story :irked:

Salon is really busy and I am suffering something terrible with my hands, I think too much work is taking it's toll. I really need to know from you guys where is the best place to advertise for nail techs? I have been hunting for months and no one has even applied from my website or handed in a cv. I am worried as I have advertised on beautyjobs online and had little to know response and it is so expensive for such little response

Is it just me or is everyone doing it from home these days? Do you guys use local papers?

I have 3 full time beauty therapists and only one does nails part time but she earns more as a beauty therapist and she enjoys beauty more. I sent her on a training course with creative so it's not like I don't invest in my girls either.

Please help I am desperate?

I advertised on the Job Centre website. It's free to advertise and I was inundated with calls. My only advice with this way is to clearly specify the minimum criteria you would accept, otherwise you will get anyone even remotely associated with the beauty industry calling. HTH xx

Thank you very much for that hun, I will give it a go!

Will do anything at this point

xxxx

Just a thought, could you contact S2 and see if they know of any techs in your area looking for a job?

Theres also the guild website, they have a recruitment section.

hths

I would approach nail educators in your area. I know that my local One Stop Shop used to have a notice board of salons looking for nail techs.

You could also approach local colleges.

Hi Rose.. nice to see you flower.

There is a recruitment section on this site too... maybe put in what/who you are looking for and you may get a response from here :)

Good luck. :hug:

and on the gumtree.co.uk I always look on there

I contact colleges and trainers etc to ask them to tell people I have work going. Always served me well!!!

Thanks all for your help ... have tried most of your suggestions but will try again.

Thanks Jen, sorry, the site has changed alot! :hug:

xxxx

Latest posts

Back