Red bumps, only on bikini area-not ingrowns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandA

Reaction score
I have asked here before, but I still feel I can't figure this out and am feeling very frustrated.
Im dealing with redness and bumps non stop that last for weeks and months that are NOT ingrowns.

I wax most of my body with hard wax. I'm trying out different brands. Just recently am trying cirepil blue.
I have no problems with any bumps or irritations after waxing and the weeks to follow EXCEPT on my bikini area.
I do get the odd ingrown on my bikini area bit for the most part it is just raised bumps. Some of them are those normal bit of redness and bumps right after waxing, but they last for weeks and months.
Then as the hair starts growing I get more red bumps on each follicle but the hair comes out, it is not stuck or an ingrown whatsoever.

I have tried everything for them. I exfoliate in the shower as well I just started putting 8% glycolic acid on the area 3 times a week and I have been trying other moisturizers.
Azulene oil, aloe Vera gel, coconut oil, hydrocortisone cream.
I've tried tea tree oil, salycilic acid, witch hazel.

I'm at a loss, cause everything I look up is about treating ingrowns and I've already been doing everything it says, but I don't even have ingrowns. So I'm very confused.
The rest of my body reacts amazing to waxing...

Does anyone know if this could be some kind of damage to the follicle itself, if so is that something I would need to see a doctor for. I can't get in to see a dermatologist for a year so that isn't really an option for me. I can see my regular GP Doctor though.

Anyone have any help on this matter?

Maybe you're overdoing the exfoliating and products? That's a lot of stuff you're using. Exfoliating plus acid 3 times a week is way too much - you're probably irritating the area.

You need to be trying one thing at a time and giving it a good few weeks to see if it works.

I'd go back to basics. Stop everything except some GENTLE exfoliation every other day, and a plain light unscented moisturiser for 4 weeks.

It may be folliculitis, but without seeing a pic it's hard to say x

My suggestion would be to stop all the things you've been using and just use tea tree oil or cream daily. Nothing else.

Make sure you use a good brand of tea tree that has a good amount of the essential oil in it. E.g. Tisserand tea tree after wax oil

https://www.tisserand.com/product_p/rb104.htm

Last edited:
Maybe you're overdoing the exfoliating and products? That's a lot of stuff you're using. Exfoliating plus acid 3 times a week is way too much - you're probably irritating the area.

You need to be trying one thing at a time and giving it a good few weeks to see if it works.

I'd go back to basics. Stop everything except some GENTLE exfoliation every other day, and a plain light unscented moisturiser for 4 weeks.
Ok. Thank you so much for that advice, you're probably right. I don't use all those products at the same time. But I definitely don't give them long enough to work before trying something else. As I've just been so desperate! I will try that. I only just started using the acid.

It may be folliculitis, but without seeing a pic it's hard to say x
Sorry I've tried to upload a photo but it says it is too large... I'm not that good with photos so I'm not sure how to make it smaller, unfortunately. I'll keep trying to figure it out though. Cause I would love to know the direction to go in the treat this.

Latest posts

Back