Red colour, client won't listen to advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky lou

Reaction score
I've been colouring my mums friends hair for a while now (recently started mobile but as she's a friend been doing hers longer) anyway i use igora 6.888 all over colour.

Everytime i do her hair she loves it but next time i see her she moans about it fading. I've explained that it needs more looking after to keep it vibrant. I've even explained about the size of the colour molecules, how it sits on the hair etc. I've offered to get her the correct after care at cost price.

She doesn't listen to anything i say. She washes her hair every day with a colour shampoo from the pound shop.

I've offered her everything explained everything to her and she just won't listen to anything. Every 5 weeks we have the colour faded conversation and I'm sick of repeating myself and it falling on deaf ears.

Any tips on making her take my advice please?

I would explain to her that if she follows your advise then her colour might last longer therfore she is saving money in the long run. I really do hate that when people moan about colour fade but dont take your advice.

Also if she feels the need to wash her hair everyday maybe suggest a dry shampoo so she can maybe go to every second day that way with the better shampoo and not washing it so often it would make a huge difference. Even using a better shampoo if she is washing it everyday it will fade fast x

Thanks for the reply. I've mentioned dry shampoo surprise surprise she's not interested. There's no reason for her to wash it every day. I've told her washing it everyday strips the colour and natural oils from her hair, she doesn't listen.

I posted about a purple colour the other day and was recommended a colour ball. I've asked her if she would like me to get her one of these. Her answer NO. Honestly the wall listens more then she does x

Personally I would refuse to do it anymore. I would explain that by her not using the correct aftercare and not looking after it, Its making my work look bad and thats not something I would want to put my name to.
I would suggest she had a different colour that was more easily maintained. If she insisted on red, I would only aggree to do it AFTER she purchased correct aftercare.
If she didnt do it, I wouldnt colour. Simple as.
Now I know that sounds pretty harsh, but my reputation took me years to build and Im fiercely protective of it :biggrin:
xx

You would think she would do anything she could at home to keep it looking nice! Especially such a high maintenance colour! Hmmm maybe she just likes a good moan when she sees you haha

:)

I'm thinking of trying to talk her into a mahogany brown. That way she still gets some sort of colour cast.
I think I'm at the point of not wanting to do it as she just won't listen. But feel bad as i started doing her hair before i started mobile (I've been a stay at home mum). Plus she's a family friend just so annoying she won't listen.

im with jojo1980 on this one. I would simply say no, if she doesnt buy the correct aftercare!

plus shes coming back every 5 weeks id get her in at 4weeks to prove a point.

Im pretty protective over my rep too and to be fair im the professional, im giving you advice, if it falls on deaf ears im not gona constantly go over and correct it.

Also i would be wary that this client is your mums friend. i think she thinks she knows better than you and is undermining your ability by constantly not following what you are saying to her. (think about it)

Why does this client not expect red colour to fade?!
Why does she choose not to by aftercare?

to be fair you're goin one step beyond to give her shampoo and conditioner at cost price....you're too nice.....dont do it, just add on a extra tenner everytime she makes a note that its fading, just let someone else deal with the ear ache. xoxo

I have clients like this,they pay to have good,no great reds and then poo poo the idea of decent aftercare even when ive explained everything to them.
I only explain it the once and WHEN they say they have colour fade at their next appointment i just smile and say"Well i did explain about looking after something youve spent alot of money on.You dont buy something top end like a very expensive car,and never refill oil,water,or get it serviced do you?"
The normal response is "ok il try the shampoo/conditioner this time but if it doesnt work il have to reconsider what im going to do"...
They never moan about fade again:biggrin::biggrin:

Latest posts

Back