Red face after exercise and after showering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby11

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone knows why I get a red face after excercising, warm shower and walking in warm weather?

I have had it a while but it didn't bother me before, well I just got on with it but now I would like to know why it is happening and how I can stop it?

Thank you

get a can of Magi cool , its 3 for 2 in superdrug right now we swerar by it in our house ! even my cat likes it!
other thing that works is Liz Erle instant skin toonic ....

OMG Magicool is amazing!! Lol your cat loves it?! we spray it on the dogs coz they get way too hot but they don't like it very much :)

It's just your body's way of regulating temperature, that's all. All the capillaries rise to the surface to let off the heat. That's why we sweat also, as the water evaporates it cools the skin which in turn cools the body. You're working ok, and yes get some magicool...lol :D

Thanks for posting this question.....and I too shall be dashing down to Superdrug to get some Magicool.....but not too fast in case I arrive with a red face :o

I understand all about sweating to cool down etc, but it can get a little embarassing when your face not only sweats but can go from red to bright red to almost purple (I call it the ribena scale!) in no time at all.
It isn't so bad at the gym as it can make you look as though you are working harder than you actually are, when after 20 minutes on the treadmill you face is up at factor 5 on the ribena scale and your not even out of breath yet

I do a lot of hillwalking , and it can be quite strenuous and there is nothing worse than after a good hike in lovely weather than heading into the pub for a bite to eat and a small refreshment, with a face like a ribena berry!:irked:

I will definitely be putting some magicool in my rucksack next time.........cheers!

Lol, the Ribena scale! Hehe that tickled me :D

I get the opposite - my nose and cheeks go BRIGHT red in the cold :sad:

That must be the Rudolph scale! Lol :D

I get this! My whole face goes red but I'm very blonde and it really clashes with my hair- not a good look! Often someone will comment on how red i have gone and then I'll go redder with embarrassment! lol

I quite often get a red face too, but I KNOW it's my age !!!!!:irked:

I have always had this problem after exercise. The only way I have found to prevent it is to not do any exercise! :confused:

I quite often get a red face too, but I KNOW it's my age !!!!!:irked:

Aaw...cheers for that !!!

Just when I was getting over a 'significant' birthday!!!!

Sheila lol

I totally understand where your coming from :lol:

This happens to me, when I exercise it's as if my face won't sweat but just goes bright red and SO hot! It takes about 3 hours to go down....I'm not looking forward to the gym in the morning in this heat! (especially it being my first time back in a month after holiday etc!)

Having that sweet pink flush to your face is a tell-tale sign that you've been working out, but some people's faces turn beet-red. Why is that? Is something wrong?
Picture%201_1.png
Not at all! When you work out, your body produces heat. One way that your body makes sure it doesn't overheat is by sweating, of course, but your body also increases blood circulation to the skin's surfaces, so the heat can be radiated off (smart bod). Warm, oxygenated blood rushes to your face, turning it that bright red color. It's receiving lots of healthy blood, bringing nutrients to your skin and carrying away toxins.
If you are noticing other symptoms besides a red face, like dizziness, fatigue, or nausea, you may be in danger of becoming overheated. To help your body stay cool, wear clothes that breathe easily, like cotton. Also make sure to keep yourself hydrated. Bring a water bottle with you and sip when you feel yourself getting too hot (resist chugging down gallons of water - it could give you a belly ache). You can also pour some water on your head to cool you off (if you're running, lean forward so you don't get water in your shoes - it'll prevent blisters).
Now that the weather is getting warmer, if you are exercising outside, you may want to workout early in the morning or later in the evening, when the temperature is cooler. Also, tone down your workout a little - you may not be able to do what you did when the air was colder. If the heat really bothers you, you may want to exercise indoors (that's what air-conditioned gyms are for

Lol, the Ribena scale! Hehe that tickled me :D

I get the opposite - my nose and cheeks go BRIGHT red in the cold :sad:

That must be the Rudolph scale! Lol :D

i NEED those shoes:) xx

i NEED those shoes:) xx

OMG they're mega sexy aren't they?! Unfortunately I had to sell them on Ebay to help pay for my doggy's ultrasound :cry:

But I have plenty of others to fill my wardrobe, lol, you can never have too many heels :green:

xxXxx

I have always had this problem after exercise. The only way I have found to prevent it is to not do any exercise! :confused:

Sheila ,
you right , so right.... I ended up in hospital last night cos i dared exersise in this heat !
they say it is good for you to exersize................ , tell my kidneys that ! lol :eek:

Thank you for all your replies, why does my face go red when I come out the shower then? The same reasons as exercise? x

What about when you eat spicy food or drink alcohol, does it happen then, it could be roseacea, if you are worried go see your Dr :) But it may well be that your shower water is too hot.

What about when you eat spicy food or drink alcohol, does it happen then, it could be roseacea, if you are worried go see your Dr :) But it may well be that your shower water is too hot.

No doesn't happen then.

OMG they're mega sexy aren't they?! Unfortunately I had to sell them on Ebay to help pay for my doggy's ultrasound :cry:

But I have plenty of others to fill my wardrobe, lol, you can never have too many heels :green:

xxXxx

of the redface subject i know , but ye ! shoes i bought a bed that the base lifts up to erm hide all mine hahahahha xx:eek:

Latest posts

Back