Red hair to copper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairgurl

Reaction score
My colour was meant to be bright copper, on a base 6 unbleached but lifted with 30vol. Used 7.44 and 6.46 (the mistake), it’s come out way too red and barely can be classed as copper, it’s defo red with a copper hint. Any way I can bring it over to more orange than red, maybe putting on a yellow crazy colour?? It’s in bad condition so don’t particularly want to bleach anything out, that was why no bleaching was done in the first place.
Attached is photo 1) the colour result, photo 2) the colour goal.

Attachments

• 85935B8B-EA5F-4856-9FA2-6632E0F65EE3.jpeg
    85935B8B-EA5F-4856-9FA2-6632E0F65EE3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 80A5F852-6385-4BCB-A057-02C6618ADC1F.jpeg
    80A5F852-6385-4BCB-A057-02C6618ADC1F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I personally would do a few deep cleansing shampoos, maybe a Malibu C cleanse if you can get one and then go over it with crazy colour Orange. Yellow on its own won't sit the same over the red as it would if you were mixing red and yellow to create orange. Because the red is a permanent and much stronger pigment it sits inside the hair and the crazy colour yellow which is lighter and a surface colourant will only sit on top. Hope this helps.

I personally would do a few deep cleansing shampoos, maybe a Malibu C cleanse if you can get one and then go over it with crazy colour Orange. Yellow on its own won't sit the same over the red as it would if you were mixing red and yellow to create orange. Because the red is a permanent and much stronger pigment it sits inside the hair and the crazy colour yellow which is lighter and a surface colourant will only sit on top. Hope this helps.
Thanks

I would do a "soap cap"... 1 part 20v+ bleach mixed up to 1 part clear shampoo.

apply & work through dry hair, bag + low heat 10-15 mins & 5 min cool down.

This process is good for removing / lightening a fresh color. then on the raw base do a 1/3 lv.6 C to 2/3 7C. 10vol or less.

Latest posts

Back