Red Infused shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been using majicontrast red on a client of mine for a while now however it fades really quick and wonders if anyone can recommend a good quality red pigmented shampoo to keep the colour fresh and topped up please, thanks

Hi all, I’ve been using majicontrast red on a client of mine for a while now however it fades really quick and wonders if anyone can recommend a good quality red pigmented shampoo to keep the colour fresh and topped up please, thanks
What developer are you using with the majicontrast? This is only designed for the initial lightening of the hair and not really designed to be applied every time with the same developer. It's essentially the same as putting Highlift tint through the hair everytime.

What developer are you using with the majicontrast? This is only designed for the initial lightening of the hair and not really designed to be applied every time with the same developer. It's essentially the same as putting Highlift tint through the hair everytime.
I was using 20 vol but have been mixing half and half with water on the ends the last few times as it has lightened the hair enough and I just want to deposit the colour back in, I know I should just use water with it to refresh but I’m worried it will wash out even quicker!

I was using 20 vol but have been mixing half and half with water on the ends the last few times as it has lightened the hair enough and I just want to deposit the colour back in, I know I should just use water with it to refresh but I’m worried it will wash out even quicker!
Try it with water. It'll have the same depositing qualities, but with out the lift.
Or use 10vol and water.
Other than that you can use a direct dye.
Wella do a red tinted shampoo and conditioner.

Latest posts

Back