Red moles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
Has anybody come across these 'red moles' that suddenly appear on the skin? I've had a few clients with them. They almost look like blood blisters and that the blood is very near the surface. If I've got the right thing, I think I've heard they can be dealt with electrolysis, is this right? :confused:

Sounds like blood spots... yes, electrolysis will get rid of them. But just so you know, it doesn't work instantly, they go black and then after a few days they drop off. It's a really worthwhile treatment as they are quite ageing. Unfortunately though it doesn't stop more appearing:lol::lol:

sorry not a skin geek at all...but is it best advisable that anything like is first checked out with a doctor before any kind of treatment is offered...??

Im sure if someone is qualified to remove red moles they can without a doctors consent angie

Im sure if someone is qualified to remove red moles they can without a doctors consent angie

i don't doubt that...but is it best to first have them actually diagnosed as red moles by a doctor...i am sure if qualified to treat one thats diagnosed....but are they qualified to diagnose...??

just found this....

Hematology: blood spots

i don't doubt that...but is it best to first have them actually diagnosed as red moles by a doctor...i am sure if qualified to treat one thats diagnosed....but are they qualified to diagnose...??

just found this....

Hematology: blood spots[/qote]

If it is of the condition where the client has red skin tags the salons can identify themselves without the need for the doctor,providing they have had the training.Its done by "freezing" them,which makes them turn black and drop off...so in answer to your question,yes they are qualified to diagnose:)

I would liken it to a nail disease or disorder - a tech should be able to recognise when a client should be referred to their GP and it's the same with advanced electrolysis, I imagine, the electrologist has been trained to recognise what they can and can't treat

Thank you girlies ~ that's really helped me actually. I'm going to print off the information and hand it to the client. I have another client that had also noticed them appearing on her face so I'll print that off for her too. I don't do electrolysis myself so I think what I might suggest is that they go to the doctors just to be on the safe side and they could possibly have the treatment done by a dermatologist from there or a good electrolysis if I hear of one!

Thanks again, that was really useful. I had seen them before but not really known much about them ~ I hate being asked about something and I don't know so now I can confidently tell them my findings!!!! xx

Thanks girls...i really wasn't questioning your skills and knowledge at all...like i said i am not a skin geek and no nothing of red moles....i was just asking cos i was interested.

Thank you girlies ~ that's really helped me actually. I'm going to print off the information and hand it to the client. I have another client that had also noticed them appearing on her face so I'll print that off for her too. I don't do electrolysis myself so I think what I might suggest is that they go to the doctors just to be on the safe side and they could possibly have the treatment done by a dermatologist from there or a good electrolysis if I hear of one!

Thanks again, that was really useful. I had seen them before but not really known much about them ~ I hate being asked about something and I don't know so now I can confidently tell them my findings!!!! xx

I have a feeling it won't be something for a dermatologist to deal with, and it's highly unlikely (not impossible) that a GP will deal with it, if it turns out to be purely cosmetic. I would recommend the client looks up electrologists in the phone book / yell / thomson and asks them if they do 'advanced' electrolysis. It's a different qualification to hair removal. I would expect to pay about £35 give or take, for a session which may be enough to treat all of them. Let us know how she gets on.

Years ago my mum had hers done and she said, 'it's fantastic, it's like someones gone over me with a rubber and rubbed them all off.' As they can (like I said not immediately) disappear without a trace.

I used to treat these when i worked in a salon(im mobile now).You need to have an advanced electrolysis qualification to do it,so the salon would be offering read vein,skin tag and milia removal.The are really easy to treat and usually go with one treatment.The client i treated were very pleased with the results.

My little girl has a red mole on her belly next to her tummy button, it appeared after birth and hasnt grown at all, but the doc has told us to keep an eye on it and not to use any creams or potions that might be used to get rid of such a thing!
My little girl is 3 1/2 so obviously very young, but I though I'd add my 3 cents worth!
xxxx

I have a feeling it won't be something for a dermatologist to deal with, and it's highly unlikely (not impossible) that a GP will deal with it, if it turns out to be purely cosmetic. I would recommend the client looks up electrologists in the phone book / yell / thomson and asks them if they do 'advanced' electrolysis. It's a different qualification to hair removal. I would expect to pay about £35 give or take, for a session which may be enough to treat all of them. Let us know how she gets on.

Years ago my mum had hers done and she said, 'it's fantastic, it's like someones gone over me with a rubber and rubbed them all off.' As they can (like I said not immediately) disappear without a trace.

I'll let you know how they both get on. That's worth knowing so I'll send her straight to an advanced electrolysis! That link was very helpful by the way ~ lots of good pics and info!! xx

I used to treat these when i worked in a salon(im mobile now).You need to have an advanced electrolysis qualification to do it,so the salon would be offering read vein,skin tag and milia removal.The are really easy to treat and usually go with one treatment.The client i treated were very pleased with the results.

Thank you! I'll tell my clients that too if you don't mind? xx

My little girl has a red mole on her belly next to her tummy button, it appeared after birth and hasnt grown at all, but the doc has told us to keep an eye on it and not to use any creams or potions that might be used to get rid of such a thing!
My little girl is 3 1/2 so obviously very young, but I though I'd add my 3 cents worth!
xxxx

No, it's interesting to know how many different types of people have these (ages etc.) because most of the info I have since read says they occur in people over 40 but obviously not in your daughters case! xx

get it checked if it's some place the sun hits. itchy and irregular in shape.

My husband has these on his arms, chest and back and he is only 26, had them for as long as I have known him (8 years), they kind of mingle in with his freckles, some are more obvious than others. Even my tutors at college didn't know what they were!

Well surprise surprise ... I do know what they are because I also had some from being quite young and had them removed by electrolysis by my therapist.

They have an interesting name (Campbell de Morgan Spots) and you can read about them here.

BBC - Health - Ask the doctor - Campbell de Morgan spots

I just have to say I agree what a great thread, I have got three of these one on my arm and two on my chest and have always just presumed I can't get them removed! I will definitely be looking into this now.

x

I just have to say I agree what a great thread, I have got three of these one on my arm and two on my chest and have always just presumed I can't get them removed! I will definitely be looking into this now.

x

It is such a simple procedure whether a Dr or a therapist with the right qualifications does it. Simple and painless. Mine did not turn black at all. The blood vessels were cauterised and you could watch it disappear right before your very eyes. go get it done!! :)

Latest posts

Back