Red nails (did not pick)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my advise is get a good quality nail oil. Don't better with the strengthener.

If you oil your nails twice a day they will thank you for it and it will penetrate into the cuticle area and help your nails to grow a new stronger nail from within the matrix.

My nails split and crack all the time. I found for my toe nails Imperial Feet Nail Mycosis Gel to be a life saver. It cured my toe nail fungus and the other toes which I thought there was nothing wrong with are now growing normal FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE! (I'm 28).

Now for your fingers if there's no fungus you can still use nail mycosis gel. Or a good quality oil like Dadi oil or CND SolarOil.

Honestly I can barely see the lines. I'm a qualified nail tech. Your nails look really healthy hun. Don't stress xx 🌺

Thanks. I think adding the nail strengthener messed with my ocd too so I’m gonna just stick to oil and lotions. <3

Thanks. I think adding the nail strengthener messed with my ocd too so I’m gonna just stick to oil and lotions. <3
Show us another update in a couple weeks 😊💗 xx

I use Zoya. Which color? The non acetone requires a bit of scrubbing. Magnifying your pics do show small striations on the nail plate.
Even a 6000grit buffer will cause striations. It’s pretty interesting how that works. Don’t buff your pretty nails with anything.

I use Zoya. Which color? The non acetone requires a bit of scrubbing. Magnifying your pics do show small striations on the nail plate.
Even a 6000grit buffer will cause striations. It’s pretty interesting how that works. Don’t buff your pretty nails with anything.

Thank you. I do have quite a bit of Zoya polish but to be honest, I think I’m taking it easy with the polish for now and leaving them be. I got one of those holiday collections that come with four. But not painting them or even using strengthener... It’s actually taking my mind off of it more by just not even tending to them besides the oil and lotions. I don’t buff them but I do believe maybe the markings were from the previous removal of the us gels I had when the numbers were lower months ago which they did file off. I just cut them down short and plan to file them as they grow out. But the nail feels pretty hard so Idon’t think it’s as bad as I thought. I just took off my toe polish too and noticed my nails are about as hard as my toenails so I’m hoping that means they’re pretty strong and my work has paid off a little.

Attachments

• 7B341971-2B9C-4104-BEC4-37451535E987.jpeg
    7B341971-2B9C-4104-BEC4-37451535E987.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
A little off topic, but...OPI had a beautiful green called Amaz on, Amaz off. Went on beautifully, but taking it off stained everything and I mean everything it came in contact with. I couldn’t get it off my fingertips for days. Needless to say, into the trash bin.
Zoya has a similar color but I can’t remember the name. It went bye bye, too.

A little off topic, but...OPI had a beautiful green called Amaz on, Amaz off. Went on beautifully, but taking it off stained everything and I mean everything it came in contact with. I couldn’t get it off my fingertips for days. Needless to say, into the trash bin.
Zoya has a similar color but I can’t remember the name. It went bye bye, too.

Oh my gosh, I hate when it stains. I feel that pain. But I love OPI. :)

To be honest, right now I am just enjoying the almost 0 maintenance I am doing on my nails. Just lotion and oil. I notice when I use strengthener or nail polish I pick the surface more. Plus, if there's even the smallest chip or irregularity I take it off and reapply which becomes endless. I won't even touch the cuticles anymore. I just kind of push them back with my fingertip when I moisturize with the oil. I am enjoying just not thinking about them. My goal is really just not to look at them for now, until things die down a little bit in the US with COVID. People are really annoying me over here. One guy by our community mailbox today OBV had COVID. Was not a normal cough Outside without a mask coughing allover. Had to run inside. Meanwhile there was a mother and her baby right by him... she ran away too but geez how miserable.

Anyway, when the numbers do get low enough, I am getting my long uv gels put back on. I miss them quite a bit but given the state of the world, I'll take it. Doesn't seem like the numbers are dropping soon anyway so not worth thinking about. :p

I now know how much work it is to grow out natural nails though, and am kinda shocked they feel so strong now (albeit the little marks I think from the drill awhile back) but I guess I put in a lot of work so they better be. LOL

:)

So the middle nail broke today and I am very happy because honestly I filed them round and don’t really give 2 ****** they’re not in the best shape of my life sooo hmm lol 😆

Attachments

• E5C04ACC-3A6A-4456-8CF6-D751B6AACCB8.jpeg
    E5C04ACC-3A6A-4456-8CF6-D751B6AACCB8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • D4718882-5BB1-49C7-888F-382D8AFF67B1.jpeg
    D4718882-5BB1-49C7-888F-382D8AFF67B1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Healthy in lots of ways.

Healthy in lots of ways.
Thanks, I think the fact my hub can stay at home until January and he don't any emails about possible COVID exposure is helping a heck of a lot LOL

But you guys really have been an awesome support, and reaching out to me sure meant a lot. <3 Like Trinity said, they're just nails. :)

But I am 100% getting UV gels as soon as they hit me up with that vaccine. :-D

Just want to update. They are short but man they’re hard like rocks...

but if you notice in the second pic I broke my foot soo when I do get to go back I guess I’ll have a nice strong foundation for my acrylic set but no pedis for awhile, LoL oh my 2020

Attachments

• A7A583CD-EDF7-41EE-A652-1CA593950956.jpeg
    A7A583CD-EDF7-41EE-A652-1CA593950956.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 5BDD95C7-BC83-497D-9E41-A4983C871FE0.jpeg
    5BDD95C7-BC83-497D-9E41-A4983C871FE0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
Whaaaat? How did you break it? I turned my ankle and broke the fibula, went right together tho, so only 6weeks in a boot. Easy, peasy.

Glad that the cuticles and nails have resolved. The future looks more hopeful to you, it seems.

As an aside, our online community is more than a place to gather and exchange information about our professions, it’s also about the people. Caring and showing fellow-feeling is part of our community. By definition we are ‘personal care’ providers. We take care of other’s needs as a business. We also can take advantage of the privilege to ‘care’ for each other.

Whaaaat? How did you break it? I turned my ankle and broke the fibula, went right together tho, so only 6weeks in a boot. Easy, peasy.

Glad that the cuticles and nails have resolved. The future looks more hopeful to you, it seems.

As an aside, our online community is more than a place to gather and exchange information about our professions, it’s also about the people. Caring and showing fellow-feeling is part of our community. By definition we are ‘personal care’ providers. We take care of other’s needs as a business. We also can take advantage of the privilege to ‘care’ for each other.

It is never a cool story. My pup left his squeaky toy on the bottom of the stairs and I landed on it. Since it deflates when it squeaks, I lost balance and BOOM 5th metatarsal fracture. The doctor told me I looked perfectly calm about it, and was surprised I wasn't taking the recovery time harder. That's because it is 2020. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Yes, the nail problem is resolved 100% now that my husband has been home. It is really insane realizing the connection now between the two. Also, these vaccines are around the corner for teachers and people with underlying conditions so I am seeing a light. May take months but there's an end in sight. I no longer have to fear for my husband especially, which was the biggest issue. The constant emails about exposures. He may return in January but I am taking one day at a time. I am hoping for the best. When he is vaccinated, I am gonna dance on the broken foot. XD I always said pre-pandemic NEVER EVER had a nail issue. NEVER ONCE.

But I really want to thank everyone for their advice on how to treat them and all the emotional support because look at the product. It helped A LOT A LOT. I really truly appreciate it all. <<<333 :)

And just like that we get an email he will remain remote until January 19!!! :p For now. It may be extended :D I have hiiiigh hopes.

I broke my 5th metatarsal easily too BUT it took 8 months to heal. They were going to put a pin down the bone as it wasn't healing so did a scan to see exactly where to put the pin (only had xrays up until then) it showed that after 8 months it had started to heal so I didn't need the op for the pin. It's fine now. Hope yours heals quicker.

I broke my 5th metatarsal easily too BUT it took 8 months to heal. They were going to put a pin down the bone as it wasn't healing so did a scan to see exactly where to put the pin (only had xrays up until then) it showed that after 8 months it had started to heal so I didn't need the op for the pin. It's fine now. Hope yours heals quicker.
Wow I hope mine heals quicker too. In any case my hub was kinda seeing if my MIL could come over. She’s not but between the nails and me not being able to walk I got in a tizzy and well I messed up again. :( I feel awful. Sorry guys. There goes all the advice. I really though I had it this time, I hate this anxiety response

I am debating whether I should just put some press ons on. Maybe that’ll help idk :( I can’t believe I did this. I was just so upsetbut well it’s just nails I guess

Attachments

• 2B7778F4-48F8-4EE2-92CF-B242E71EB83C.jpeg
    2B7778F4-48F8-4EE2-92CF-B242E71EB83C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Shit happens, don't beat yourself up, we all deal with anxiety in different ways. Biting your nails is better than hitting the alcohol.

File down the free edges so there are no catchy bits, solar oil and hand cream, and away we go again.

No press ons, you'll pull them off and the glue will damage the nail surface and ruin them all over again. You don't need artificial things to hide issues, fix the with time, patience and confidence

Shit happens, don't beat yourself up, we all deal with anxiety in different ways. Biting your nails is better than hitting the alcohol.

File down the free edges so there are no catchy bits, solar oil and hand cream, and away we go again.

No press ons, you'll pull them off and the glue will damage the nail surface and ruin them all over again. You don't need artificial things to hide issues, fix the with time, patience and confidence
Thanks. It’s just something I am so ashamed of. I filed them all so short now but I got some skin sticking out when I wash my hands. I figure that’s nail bed skin? Should just leave alone? And ok I swear no glue ons. This is just nails I’ll be ok!! :))

Attachments

• 6E80FAE1-86FF-4CF9-8675-98722CB2EBD5.jpeg
    6E80FAE1-86FF-4CF9-8675-98722CB2EBD5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 8320D3EA-D754-45A4-9BCA-BDC920ECAFAC.jpeg
    8320D3EA-D754-45A4-9BCA-BDC920ECAFAC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
More solar oil to keep the sticky up bits soft until the nail grows back over the skin. Keep them filed short.

Thanks so much
More solar oil to keep the sticky up bits soft until the nail grows back over the skin. Keep them filed short.

Thanks as always! Why would you say keep them filed short? I was thinking the same myself due to some product leftover

Latest posts

Back