Red nails (did not pick)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much

Thanks as always! Why would you say keep them filed short? I was thinking the same myself due to some product leftover

Because they can't catch and break/snap/peel

Because they can't catch and break/snap/peel
Good point. I didn’t have any issues with that when they were a better length.. it was just an anxiety attack but I think if I keep them short I’ll also have less to pick at. Darn, this stinks. I don’t care so much how they look anymore but they hurt. I hope soon it’ll grow over the skin :(

In the meantime is there anyway to help the discomfort in the shower lol the hypochondrium is well passed the nail and it because so soggy in the shower. really uncomfortable. :-/ dang what have I done to myself. Between this and the broken foot.

In the meantime is there anyway to help the discomfort in the shower lol the hypochondrium is well passed the nail and it because so soggy in the shower. really uncomfortable. :-/ dang what have I done to myself. Between this and the broken foot.
Nope, they need to grow, it will only be a few days

Nope, they need to grow, it will only be a few days
Omg really!! I thought it’d take at least 2 weeks, well that puts me in a sunny mood :) thanks 😊

Just out of curiosity and I guess just curiosity because right now it’s just patience and back to the drawing board :)) but I remember when I bit my nails deep into the nail bed I never had such a long hyponychium like this. Is it related to nail health? I mean I don’t think my nails are super healthy but I’m just curious I guess idk lol

Just out of curiosity and I guess just curiosity because right now it’s just patience and back to the drawing board :)) but I remember when I bit my nails deep into the nail bed I never had such a long hyponychium like this. Is it related to nail health? I mean I don’t think my nails are super healthy but I’m just curious I guess idk lol

No, as you used to bite your nails past the hyponychium (good use of the correct terminology btw ;) ) it just moved to wherever you had bitten down to. Once you stop biting it slowly reconnects as the nails grow regularly past the previously damaged line. The problem tends to be if you break a nail it will usually break right down where you used to bite down to. This is because the nail bed is damaged and therefore always just a little weaker.

Yup I’m pretty decent now with the terminology and taking care of them. Sure they are super short and not attractive after a shower but I am keeping them moist and clean.

Oh and that makes sense lol Luckily I have not had a lot of broken nails. I just did this to myself like a dummy.. i can’t wait to put acrylics back on when the covid numbers drop because with those I don’t have any issues at all. Lol

Attachments

• C34FF03D-38DF-415A-8962-BCEF028FB2A0.jpeg
    C34FF03D-38DF-415A-8962-BCEF028FB2A0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
It looks more and more likely by the end of January teachers and people with underlying health conditions should be getting this vaccine. To save me from picking I need to put the acrylics back on when that happens. Lol I am sure this is an anxiety response but before the pandemic it’s never been an issue and maybe that’s because I always had them covered! Sooo my question is would a tech be able to apply acrylic to these sorry girls lol I can’t believe what I did to them! Ugh 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• D216487A-29B3-42AE-B700-DC95EC67EFD2.jpeg
    D216487A-29B3-42AE-B700-DC95EC67EFD2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • D05272D7-FFCD-415C-90F1-9772B610942F.jpeg
    D05272D7-FFCD-415C-90F1-9772B610942F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Stop it, you're spiralling again. You know the advice, you know what to do. With all the respect in the world, youve been told this is a site for pro's not clients. I'm out (again) I'm not enabling you any further. Stay safe and well.

Stop it, you're spiralling again. You know the advice, you know what to do. With all the respect in the world, youve been told this is a site for pro's not clients. I'm out (again) I'm not enabling you any further. Stay safe and well.
Thank you. You’re right. I’m gonna stop thinking on it. Have a nice holiday. :)

Latest posts

Back