Red Raw Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Hiya Nail Geeks! :)

I haven't been on for a while but i'm after a bit of advise for a friend of mine.

My friend recently had her acrylic nails done at a hair and beauty salon and within two days the nails were falling off. It also appears that her natural nails have been buffed beyond repair underneath and through the nails that were still on you could see that her actual nail bed was red raw. :eek:

I am currently training at college but anyone could see they are a disgrace to the industry. My friend went back to the salon and was rudely told by the manager that it was because her nails were little and thats why they hadn't stayed on.:rolleyes: They would even refund or sort them out just offered early maintance. She rejected the offer and is now left with sore nails.

Is there any advise you could give me to give my friend?, thanks in advance

Take care

thats so out of order, thats a lame excuse saying her nails were too short, that doesnt explain the damage tho does it?
I wonder if your freind can go the the citizens advice, see what that have to say.
hth
carriex

The words fall off and red raw make me think that maybe.. and i said maybe ..your friend may have been picking.. The reason i say this is from experienced people who have told me that nails dont usually fall off.. and if you have ever done a set of nails you know how unlikely that would be! I am faaaar from expert but even when i was just starting out the likelyhood of them falling off was not good... when nails have been ripped/picked they leave the nn looking really bad!

:Scared: please, please dont think i am having a go or calling your friend a liar.. but i would be very careful about ragging on another techs work unless you have the facts.. cause one day it could be you mate!:rolleyes:

That said i could be completely wrong and making an arse of myself in which case feel free to :smack: me!!

((just another angle to look at!))

:green:

Nails that are put on professionally and properly do not just "fall off". They would have to be ripped off and this would without a doubt cause red raw damage.

But it really depends who did them and how good they were at their job. If they didn't prep properly or at all, if they forgot to prime or overprimed, if they mixed products, if the liquid to powder ratio was wrong, if they used 80 grits to shape :)eek:) the nail, if the application was not properly done . . . there are lots of reasons why a poor nail tech's nails might "fall off" or at least lift so much that they only needed a very litle help. Not to mention if they etched or filed at the nails so much beforehand that the nailbed was left too thin and damaged to cope with holding on to extensions.

What do you know about the person who put the nails on?

Thank you for your reponses so far.

I totally appreciate what you are saying littlegrohl and I haven't yet learnt false nails yet so am a bit of a newb! :lol:

However I do have my nails done alot and have never experienced those kind of problems although I go elsewhere. I prob would have thought the same thing but you could see through the false nails the next day how red the nail beds were.

Who knows what happened but I just thought I would ask you peeps for sum advise :)

Thanks

Hi Blossom,

Thanks for your response, I dont know anything about the salon or tech in question to be honest. I dont know anyone else who has been there etc

If the nail plate is that damaged Is it advisable to wait before having re-done as she really wants false nails on??

:):):)

you could see through the false nails the next day how red the nail beds were.

That sounds like the salon were responsible for damaging the nails then if they looked red when the nails were still on

Latest posts

Back