Red roots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Bliss

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a beauty geek not a hair geek so wonder if you could help me. I know that I shouldn't do it myself anyway BUT I have been dying my hair for years just semis and have always had it chocolate brown, I decided to buy a mahogany to put on it but where my natural hair was coming through the roots have gone redder than the rest of my hair which looks rubbish!!! Please can you tell me if I would be best to put a chocolate over it all to even it out?

Many thanks in advance

Kath x

you have what is commonly called "root glow" its caused by extra heat from the scalp lifting the colour more . If you put chocolate on the roots may still be redder ,but i think it should still be better .dont leave the colour on the ends as long.

hehe this is called root glow, i get this too. just get a natural colour the same depth as the colour on the ends but without any tone asnd put it on just your roots. it will blend in with the other colour. wot number is on the box you used? x

you dont need to put it on the ends if you want to keep the mahogany stilll

Latest posts

Back