Red to copper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
My client wants to go from red to copper. I have coloured her hair with Majicontrast red all over for a while now using 20vol on roots add water mix up everywhere else. It has worked lovely but now she wants a change. Is this easily done? I have never used a colour remover before so could anyone recommend a good one please and also what they think the copper colour is. Please see photos of red and what she’s what’s

Attachments

• 30BE89FE-914F-4E63-8D9A-DEB813B52518.jpeg
    30BE89FE-914F-4E63-8D9A-DEB813B52518.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2485CF0B-CC13-480B-A817-5D27972E8321.jpeg
    2485CF0B-CC13-480B-A817-5D27972E8321.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 0
My client wants to go from red to copper. I have coloured her hair with Majicontrast red all over for a while now using 20vol on roots add water mix up everywhere else. It has worked lovely but now she wants a change. Is this easily done? I have never used a colour remover before so could anyone recommend a good one please and also what they think the copper colour is. Please see photos of red and what she’s what’s
I'd probably bleach wash it. And then go in with your copper.
Other option would be colour remover but is a longer process.

I'd probably bleach wash it. And then go in with your copper.
Other option would be colour remover but is a longer process.
I’ve never used a colour remover before , could you recommend a good one please? I’ve heard of Malibu or loreal effasor but don’t know if any good. Ide like to try this first before bleach.

I’ve never used a colour remover before , could you recommend a good one please? I’ve heard of Malibu or loreal effasor but don’t know if any good. Ide like to try this first before bleach.
Also, what are your thoughts on the colour in the pic attached for copper? I work with L’Oréal so thinking 7.43+7.44 but am open to using a different brand if I can just use the one tube of colour and not mix.

Malibu won't remove that amount of colour unless you use the CPR - but I find CPR very unpredictable.
Effasor is basically bleach in disguise.
I would probably use either NXT colour remover or my go to is Affinage Eraser. You need to familiarise yourself with the products instructions before picking your shade. Some removers say you can only use a semi permanent colour after. Some say you need to pick a shade 2 shades lighter than your desired result.

Malibu won't remove that amount of colour unless you use the CPR - but I find CPR very unpredictable.
Effasor is basically bleach in disguise.
I would probably use either NXT colour remover or my go to is Affinage Eraser. You need to familiarise yourself with the products instructions before picking your shade. Some removers say you can only use a semi permanent colour after. Some say you need to pick a shade 2 shades lighter than your desired result.
Politely butting in- interesting that you use the phrase "bleach in disguise" as I was recently interested in trying another color remover, Schwarzkopf Bond Enforcing Color remover.
The powder part contains Ammonium Persulfate so it made me wonder the same thing about that. Although a coworker has used it on herself in her personal time, and liked it very much, she did say to avoid roots because unlike other colour removers, it most certainly does lift uncoloured hair!

Politely butting in- interesting that you use the phrase "bleach in disguise" as I was recently interested in trying another color remover, Schwarzkopf Bond Enforcing Color remover.
The powder part contains Ammonium Persulfate so it made me wonder the same thing about that. Although a coworker has used it on herself in her personal time, and liked it very much, she did say to avoid roots because unlike other colour removers, it most certainly does lift uncoloured hair!
That's very much the same. I've used it and it definitely does lift the natural colour.
A traditional colour remover shouldn't.

Latest posts

Back