Reduced prices??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megaone

Reaction score
i just wanted to know if any one has reduced their prices for acrylic nails, and services with the way things are at the minute? or do you have any special offers on to bring in new business?

I have not and have to say will not reduce my prices for nail enhancements,
i put my heart and soul into those babies,

i have a special offer for twinkle toes, £25 instead of £35
but i do this every summer as they are so quick and easy to do and look fab so bring in more business, hth :hug:

What are twinkle toes lou?

This is no time to be lowering your prices .. it is a time to premium price yourself and your work to show people just who you are if you can deliver the goods.

Why not try a reccommend a friend type scheme instead? For example, an existing client gets a friend to book with you and she get a free gift or something. (this could simply be something like a cuticle oil, nice nail file etc) May bring you in new clients without you having to reduce prices x.

I havn't lowered my prices, but offer a reward system whereby for every 5 visits they receive a 20% discount on their service. I also offer 10% discount for a recommendation. It works well and keeps clients coming back and brings in new clients. :):):):)

Geeg's totally right.

If you have 100 clients a month and drop you price by an average of only £5 - that's £500 less income but your costs have stayed the same.

If on the other hand you lose 5 clients, maybe you lose £150 (depends on your prices). Plus you are using less material so your costs drop a little.

Also ask yourself what will you do if this economy drags on for 2 or 3 years (which some analysts suggest is likely). Will you keep dropping prices?

As Geeg says, the best strategy is to premium price. I'd also suggest that you could also the time to develop your skills or service offerings so that you can a wider range of clients or attract richer clients who are less vulnerable to a bad economy. When the economy turns, you will be in an even better position to grow your business too.

Well said!! Totally agree with both you and geeg. You explaned that really well.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
guess you are right, its just a few of the local salons in my area have reduced their prices and i thought i might have to do the same....

I totally would not do this. If you are making a business at the prices you charge and your clients are happy then carry on. Is anyone reducing your rent?? Cost of goods? Rates?? Taxes?? Be smart. Don't go with the herd .. stick out for what you are worth.

I totally would not do this. If you are making a business at the prices you charge and your clients are happy then carry on. Is anyone reducing your rent?? Cost of goods? Rates?? Taxes?? Be smart. Don't go with the herd .. stick out for what you are worth.

Well said Geeg! If you have priced your services on what you need to earn and worked out your costs etc this won't have changed and therefore neither should your prices. x

I have been considering dropping my spray tan price (£20). I keep hearing about hair salons offering tans at £10 as an add on service.

However I have had 4 new tan clients recently who are prepared to pay the £20. I definately think that when people see a cheap price they expect a cheap service and this can put "some" people off.

For the time being I will keep my price the same but I will continue to reduce the total price for some clients if they are spending a lot in one go. I always feel bad when someone spends more than £40 and tend to give them a few pounds off! I have to start being ruthless I know:eek:

I have never did offers though as I think this can get confusing. I like to keep my prices reasonable and what the client sees the client gets, simple as that!

I have been considering dropping my spray tan price (£20). I keep hearing about hair salons offering tans at £10 as an add on service.

However I have had 4 new tan clients recently who are prepared to pay the £20. I definately think that when people see a cheap price they expect a cheap service and this can put "some" people off.

For the time being I will keep my price the same but I will continue to reduce the total price for some clients if they are spending a lot in one go. I always feel bad when someone spends more than £40 and tend to give them a few pounds off! I have to start being ruthless I know:eek:

I have never did offers though as I think this can get confusing. I like to keep my prices reasonable and what the client sees the client gets, simple as that!

I wouldbn't reduce tanning prices - if you do a good tan then people will know that you are worth that price and I have no doubt if they use one of the cheaper ones they'll come back when they realise why they are cheap ;)

Yes, start being a bit more ruthless and not so nice :) - people expect to pay for what they get so charge what it should be. x

Maybe you could try advertising some special offers and see how you get on before you reduce your prices

I wouldn't drop my prices, I would,as Gigi says widen my menu. Nail bars offer pink and white, do they do mani and pedi? gel toes? Extend nail beds etc.
If you let everyone know the extent of your menu I'm sure that will do far more to bring you business then if you go cheep.
Think about it this way, when you have to count every penny do you buy cheep? Something that will last 5 minutes? Or do you buy the best quality possible?
Quality will always survive :hug:

However I have had 4 new tan clients recently who are prepared to pay the £20. I definitely think that when people see a cheap price they expect a cheap service and this can put "some" people off.

Charging correctly for a service is not being ruthless .. it is what you have to earn to pay your bills.

It is not being 'not nice' if you stick to your guns. Does your dentist give you pounds off .. your hairdresser .. your local dry cleaners!!??

Come on .. this your business. Why should you decide what a client can or cannot pay and feel BAD if they spend more than 40.00 ... ?? If they are spending 40.00 then they are expecting to pay 40.00. Just say a polite thank you and when would you like to book your next appointment?
:green:​

I'm not reducing prices but I have chosen not to increase my prices for now....... I thought long and hard about it, and I know there are good reasons for an increase every year, but I increased last year (quite substantially) and decided that another one this year wouldn't feel right to me. It's my concession to my loyal clients :).

Also, I am busy at the moment both with regular clients and an influx of new ones..... I'm definitely busier than I was this time last year.

What are twinkle toes lou?

Gel toes with glitter, i have a couple of pics of them in my album on here if you want to see what they look like :hug:

Gel toes with glitter, i have a couple of pics of them in my album on here if you want to see what they look like :hug:

i had a look at your pics, and there fab love the toes, what gel do you use and do you add any thing else to them??

i had a look at your pics, and there fab love the toes, what gel do you use and do you add any thing else to them??

I use NSI gel and add the glitter, you can do this to toes with almost any gel.

Latest posts

Back