Reducing help - Scratches on CND enhancements, efile used

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uber

Reaction score
Ok so I have been using an efile after applying product and then I smooth the edges with the Kanga board and then i am using the boomerang to smooth and eliminate surfaces before rubbing in my solar oil. Except I am still see scratches unless i am not spending long enough with my boomerang. What can i do to reduce scratches in the first place. I am thinking its something to do with the efile. Am i right?

this happens when you are not reducing the grits gradually enough.

say the equivalent to your efile bit is 100 grit but then you go down to say 300 grit. the three hundred is too gentle to erase the marks that a 100 grit would leave behind.

just do things a bit more gradually and you wont have a problem, either use a smoother bit in the efile or add in another file before you reduce down to a buffer.

I agree with Susan, go down with your grits and there should be no probs. I used my efie the other day 180 then hand filed with hotshot and koala both sides and the shine was fab,::;;)

Last edited:
cool :) thanks ladies for the advice!!!

Latest posts

Back