Reducing the appearance of scars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Beauty

Reaction score
I have some quite bad scars on my legs from insect bites (I'm a picker and a scratcher, so I haven't helped myself!) and I really want to get rid of them, or at least make them look better, before I need to get my legs out in the summer!

I know bio-oil can be used to reduce the appearance of scars, but that is quite expensive. Someone did suggest to me lavender oil mixed in almond oil. Is this true? And if so, what is the ratio of the mix?

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to know. I'm taking my 3 year old son on his first proper holiday in a couple of months and I'm really self-conscious of getting my legs out to take him swimming. :o

Thank you in advance

Theres many products that help but the best ones I have heard about is mederma or scar away. Scar away are silicone sheets.
Lemon is a natural bleach and will help lighten pigmentation problems. Coconut is good as well. Vitamin E,Aloe Vera and T tree oil are all good natural remedies. I like the Australian body care oil. Massage this into the skin regularly.Hth a little.

Thank you. I'll have a look out for the Australian body oil and see if that helps.

I was exactly the same, coupled with being very pale, which didn't help. I used Vitamin E oil and it works a treat and is a great moisturiser. I used to get the capusles and pierce them but am a vegetarian and some capsules are made from gelatin. I now get bottles of the stuff from Holland and Barrett and it's fab.

Theres many products that help but the best ones I have heard about is mederma or scar away. Scar away are silicone sheets.
Lemon is a natural bleach and will help lighten pigmentation problems. Coconut is good as well. Vitamin E,Aloe Vera and T tree oil are all good natural remedies. I like the Australian body care oil. Massage this into the skin regularly.Hth a little.

Oooh how do you use lemon? I have lots of scars on my arms - I seem to scar at the slightest thing so I am interested to try some of these remedies.

Latest posts

Back