Reducing the contact area - help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
Hiya!
I've been using tips with a well and blending using either acetone or a tip blender and doing fine. I do need to work on my speed as as blenders and the like are not the greatest of techniques, thought I'd invest in a new set of reduced contact area tips. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer? I just dont see these (except french ones) very often.

Also can someone please explain to me what you are supposed to use to 'file' down the contact area in a normal welled tip? I cant see me cutting my times down much if I have to spend time with a file in the smile line of each tip!!! How do you get it in that little space?
Hope you can help. :rolleyes:

hi

Millenium nails are great and they are cheap. as for reducing the well in the full tips, i do it like this

rest the tip on your index finger, (i find the tip rests very nicely on my index finger and gives good support for the tip while your preparing it) and thin the well as much as possible, youll find its a lot quicker to blend it in once its on the fingernail, hope this helps

Apart from using a file to reduce the contact area, you can use curved scissors instead to cut and reduce the well area. Then use your file to thin down (preblend)
Deb379

Get yourself a pair of Star Nails tip tailors (as recommended/designed by our very own Mum!!!) to take out the well. As far as which tips, i use Star Nails ultraform and havent had a problem with them but they have a full contact area so you would defo. need to use your tip tailors.

Carole Lindsay said:
Get yourself a pair of Star Nails tip tailors (as recommended/designed by our very own Mum!!!) to take out the well. As far as which tips, i use Star Nails ultraform and havent had a problem with them but they have a full contact area so you would defo. need to use your tip tailors.
morning carole...still carole and not carlita :lol: !

can you give me the low down on these tip tailors pleassssseeee? ta very much

Tickled Pink! said:
morning carole...still carole and not carlita :lol: !

can you give me the low down on these tip tailors pleassssseeee? ta very much

Ooooh my profuse apologies, i've just seen this thread (dont ask how i came to suddenly see it - too long a story!!) and your question. The tip tailors look a bit like cuticle nippers and shaped like rounded manicure scissors so they glide around the well area. They are so easy to use.

I cut the well out of the tips, slight thin, apply and block.
Bobs ur uncle!!

I've got a set of these and do find they save time on pre tailoring. I just take out some of the well with the tip tailors then a few goes with a file smooths it down, apply then file it thinner not touching the natural nail. Easy. Plus if i'm using white tips or doing P&W, i only thin after pretailoring, apply tip to nail, then apply product using the tip as a guide for my smiles.

Peter Pan said:
hi

Millenium nails are great and they are cheap. as for reducing the well in the full tips, i do it like this

rest the tip on your index finger, (i find the tip rests very nicely on my index finger and gives good support for the tip while your preparing it) and thin the well as much as possible, youll find its a lot quicker to blend it in once its on the fingernail, hope this helps
Who supplies Millenium Tips?

Nailorder and tip co tips are really nice and quite cheap too!! they do a variety of colours and well in or well out:D

Amanda

emmad said:
Hiya!
I've been using tips with a well and blending using either acetone or a tip blender and doing fine. I do need to work on my speed as as blenders and the like are not the greatest of techniques, thought I'd invest in a new set of reduced contact area tips. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer? I just dont see these (except french ones) very often.

Also can someone please explain to me what you are supposed to use to 'file' down the contact area in a normal welled tip? I cant see me cutting my times down much if I have to spend time with a file in the smile line of each tip!!! How do you get it in that little space?
Hope you can help. :rolleyes:

Following on from the other 'blending' thread, I would recommend that you also learn to blend with a file too. This is a bit tricky (see other thread for some great ideas on practise) but chemical blending is not always the best way and you should be able to blend manually.

More work :|

Marian

Hi

been away on holiday and just trying to catch up on the threads. Where can I obtain a set of these tip tailors from?

NeetNailz said:
Hi

been away on holiday and just trying to catch up on the threads. Where can I obtain a set of these tip tailors from?

Most wholesalers and distributors, you can use a file you dont have to use tip taylors its a personal preference I suppose

Latest posts

Back