RefectoCil geeks - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
doing my first brow tint with my new product today as i heard alot of geeks raving about it, i was just wondering what ratio of tint and cream developer i need to put on, how long i need to leave it on, and any tips? i've been doing brow tints for 4 years but have always used salon system, just new to this product. also i am doing an older lady who insists on having brown brows, would you recommend using the light brown or dark brown? how light is the light brown and how dark is the dark brown?

light brown or natural brown, not dark sorry x

Hi Dolly! I use about a two centimetre or so squirt of tint with three drops of hydrogen peroxide 3%. I think we only have the natural brown and I use it on my brows - I'm blonde and don't like them too dark so I just have it on and off. With coarser hair I would reapply on any areas it hadn't taken.

perfect! thank you :D i've had problems with this client before and i dont want her going out with dark brown/black eyebrows haha x

You've been doing tinting for years so I'm sure you already know, just apply over the brows, leave it on for a short time and remove. Show her the results and if she would like to go a little bit darker reapply. Just do one brow at a time to check the contrast.:biggrin:

You've been doing tinting for years so I'm sure you already know, just apply over the brows, leave it on for a short time and remove. Show her the results and if she would like to go a little bit darker reapply. Just do one brow at a time to check the contrast.:biggrin:

lol thank you :D i just wanted to make sure with a new product, shes abit of a umm well... problem client, and i could just imagin doing it how i usually do and taking it off and her eyebrows falling out or going jet black, and coming on here and everyone being like NOOOOOO with this product u do this... hahaha x

I was thinking of changing to this tint from salon systems and was wondering what the difference is between them? Besides the price! :lol:

I'm sure i read that it was 10-12 drops to 2cm, is just 3 enough?

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

3 drops is definitely enough!

You can mix dark or light brown with a little bit of grey for slightly more depth but without it being too harsh xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I have recently started using refectocil and absolutely love it. The natural brown I find to be quite dark so dont leave on too long, you may be better using the light brown if she doesn't want them too dark. 2cm seems a lot of tint for one set of brows, unless they are very thick I would use just under 1cm and approx the same amount of cream developer.hth.
Diane x

It's not 3 drops for the creme peroxide, it states on the instructions it's about 15 - 20 drops, which I have to say surprised me because it seems quite a lot.

Please see this taken from their website...

Application: Mix 15-20 drops of RefectoCil Oxidant 3% cream with 2 cm of tint into a creamy paste using the application stick. Use the paste right after mixing and follow the instructions for use of RefectoCil eyelash and eyebrow tints.

I use about 1.5cm and 10drops of developer, it starts out runny but if you keep mixing it thickens. I agree with the natural brown being quite dark, if you do use it keep it on for under 2mins

True - I was thinking of this today when I did a brow tint and I did use a little less than 2 cms - estimation of length is not my strength! When I said 3 drops I just mean we use peroxide, not the cream developer. I agree that the natural brown can go quite dark if left on for a while, but I find if I apply and remove without leaving it it's generally fine. If you have the light brown and she's a bit picky, maybe use it to be sure. If she wants them darker you can always do it again for her. :)

Latest posts

Back