Refectocil tints stinging

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
I recently changed over from my beauty express lash tint to the refectocil tints (ive been using them on brows for a while)and have had quite a lot of clients saying they are really stinging on the lashes.

I mix them all as directed and have patch tested everyone, I tried them on myself tonight and it was really nippy.has anyone else found this?

I have used Refectocil for the past few years with no problems, but I use the liquid peroxide for brows and the cream for lashes as I prefer the thicker consistency for lashes as it doesn't then 'seep'.

I have just switched to Refectocil and am using the thicker peroxide (in the little white bottle) for everything and am getting on well with it - I find it takes a lot quicker than the previous brand I was using, so have just ordered light brown ELT as dark was making some of my ladies look rather frowny!
Are you using the liquid?

I use the cream for everything and have never heard of this happening. Drop them an email.

I use the cream for lashes and have the liquid for brows because I ordered both, they have just commented that it stings much more than the last tint I used?

I have found this also. I have just come back from my holiday & for 4 days I really suffered, I had to use drops all the time, no make up & considered going to the Dr while abroad because it was awful :( Also a friend who I had also done her eyelashes was the same!:|

I'm going to do one of my eyes with refectocil and one with my other tint to compare

Hi, what was the outcome of this? I am looking at changing my tint as it doesn't last very long but now i'm a bit skeptical after reading this thread.

I've always used refectocil and never had any problems! I've been using the liquid oxidant but recently changed to the cream and I like that even more! Did you ever figure out if there was a particular problem?

Amanda xx

I still found it stung quickly with the cream, so back to my original tint!

Did it sting whilst doing the lashes or when removing? What is your other tint?

Ive used this tint for a while ho problems until recently certain clients saying it stung. They have a new formula so this could be why.

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

I posted this question a few weeks back because like you I have changed to refectocil and nearly all my clients complained of stinging.

I use the liquid for eyes, make sure tint doesn't touch the lids, isn't too runny, ended eye pads fitted but all clients have said that it burns, something I never had with my previous tint

Oh dear this is worrying as I don't want to buy all the tints to then have this happen to me. I've heard such good comments about the brand!!

I posted this question a few weeks back because like you I have changed to refectocil and nearly all my clients complained of stinging.

I use the liquid for eyes, make sure tint doesn't touch the lids, isn't too runny, ended eye pads fitted but all clients have said that it burns, something I never had with my previous tint

What was your previous tint?

My order came in last week and I haven't had any issues. Works like a charm both cream and liquid and no side effects
Hmmm

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmmm this decision is becoming really difficult .... What to do, what to do!!

I've never had any problems :-/ xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use the creme peroxide, it's thicker and less likely to run into the eyes. I love refectocil.

I read that actually about the cream oxidant - will def get that as opposed to the liquid

Latest posts

Back